Another Mid Atlanta BBQ contest cancelled

You better believe it!

The last year I organized the Georgia BBQ Classic (100+ Pro & backyard teams combined) the total cost for electric power was around $15,000.

When you put in whisper quiet generators and a couple miles of distribution wiring you better be ready to pay.... and PRAY that the cost of diesel doesn't spike up on you the week before the event!

-GF

We are at 60 teams and the Electrical infastructure is donated but we must supply the generators and the fuel. We are figuring about 5.5K is what it is going to cost us and we are not charging extra for power. With 60 teams the team entry fee just barely covers 15K payout. All the other expences just for the KCBS contest will cost about 10K. So as a bbq festival we are in the hole 10K before we start.

We are at 60 teams and the Electrical infastructure is donated but we must supply the generators and the fuel. We are figuring about 5.5K is what it is going to cost us and we are not charging extra for power. With 60 teams the team entry fee just barely covers 15K payout. All the other expences just for the KCBS contest will cost about 10K. So as a bbq festival we are in the hole 10K before we start.

How much is your entry fee?

250 if you do the peoples choice which we provide the meat for or 275 if you dont

Hmmm.

I think I like that arrangement. We might adopt it ourselves to encourage teams to do PC, as even allowing pre-cooked, supplying two free butts, giving nice trophies & a good cash prize participation only runs around 65%.

Thanks for the idea!

-GF

Back