Another Crutch?

I just saw a commercial for Kraft Deli Deluxe cheddar slices, with bits of bacon in each slice! Maybe it is becoming a bit of a crutch.

I guess it just depends on how much you use it, and on what (just bacon, that is). We don't think of it as a crutch, so much as just another layer of flavor.

Just my 2 pennies.

Matt

Hmmm, I remember Kraft bacon and cheddar slices from when I was a kid, it was awful.

Serious question...serious discussion...

I like bacon, no make that I love bacon, as much as the next person. It's the greatest meat on earth. I'm convinced that, for the most part, bacon makes everything taste better.

But does that make it okay to put in/on everything. Today I posted about the chili dogs I did. I got numerous comments, not here, that they would have or I should have wrapped the sausage in bacon.

This prompted the following question:

Since bacon tastes so freaking good, do we become lazy in our cooking when we always fall back on bacon to add that little "extra" to our food. Yes, somethings require bacon, but when does bacon just become a flavor crutch?

Is bacon a crutch? And when does it become a cructch?

DSC00224a.jpg

It sure can be a crutch. Usually we don't need it. Although, there is a certain appeal to using it.... Sorry, but I did not see the chili dog post until I read this one.... but after looking at it, it may not be necessary in that application.​

Now for showing off..... it sure is nice. Heheee.

DSC09371a.jpg

Back