Another CL score!

RemoGaggi

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
RemoGaggi
I found this 22.5" Blue Performer? on CL this morning for $20. It was dirty and needed a new charcoal and cooking grate. The ash can was full of ash and it came with an old Weber cover that was quite brittle and had shrunk a bit. I didn't know if the gas ignition would work - it's the older style with knob (no buttons).

The model and serial number was too deteriorated for me to get the exact model number, but I was able to find a Black Performer manual on the Weber website that seems to be the same as what I have. The date on the owners manual from the website is 2008, so I'm guessing I have a Blue Performer.

It cleans up nice - replaced the 2 grates and yes, the gas ignition works! Overall, it's actually in really good shape. The fins in the bottom are not rusty at all and the top and bottom of the kettle are in really good shape. I got lucky today!

Here's the before pics:
HE0L0p8.jpg

fHyrICL.jpg

After:
IVFMj8h.jpg

Awesome score and cleanup! 2008 is the same as the one I found a couple years ago.

Great score. I've been keeping my eyes open out here for a deal like that. Nice job on the cleanup. Looks great.

Very nice and it cleaned up great. You also cannot beat the price. I have a black 2007 model. I upgraded the plastic table with the new metal one.

Back