Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Anchor City Cookoff, Centralia, Mo

Hope to meet all of you. We did it last year when it was just a backyard event but no time this year. My 6 yr is however cooking in the Kids Que. Good luck to everyone!

BTW-If any out of towners forget anything, just hollar. We live a whole 6 blocks from the comp site! :becky:

13 is what I heard also. They still need teams, and in order to break even, they need around 25.
If you don't have anything to do, come on down and compete.

We sent in our entry form mid-week so that's one more closer to 15, but I haven’t seen any more info on their facebook page about the number of teams. I hope they receive more and make this a yearly contest since it’s just up the road from us.

This is only our second comp (Roots n Blues was our first) and look forward to meeting you all.

Looking at the contest website, it seems like they have a lot going on! One question......the entry form states that team check-in starts at noon. The website is saying 9:00 am. Guess we will just pull in somewhere in between? Always like to get there as early as we can.

Last edited:
We sent in our entry form mid-week so that's one more closer to 15, but I haven’t seen any more info on their facebook page about the number of teams. I hope they receive more and make this a yearly contest since it’s just up the road from us.

This is only our second comp (Roots n Blues was our first) and look forward to meeting you all.

Dropped our entry in the mail this past Thursday. Our entries would have been received after the last facebook update of 13. They should be a few entries over 15 by now for the KCBS sanctioned contest, I would think. Hope we get some really nice fall weather for the contest weekend. Looking forward to meeting new friends and a great time!

They are still looking for teams.
They really need to get up around 25, to bring in enough money to show the board that it is profitable enough to be an annual event......

From Facebook this afternoon they are up to 19 with several more verbals pending.

Looking at the contest website, it seems like they have a lot going on! One question......the entry form states that team check-in starts at noon. The website is saying 9:00 am. Guess we will just pull in somewhere in between? Always like to get there as early as we can.

I’m not sure what the check-in time starts, maybe someone else that’s registered can answer that. I’ve also noticed that there's a difference in the cook’s meeting time between what’s on the website and the registration form. The form says 7:30pm Friday and the website says 3pm.

The cooks meeting is early, the one bite wonder turn in is @ 7:30. You should be able to get in there early, I think they said 9:00, but I'm planning on being there around 8:00.

The cooks meeting is early, the one bite wonder turn in is @ 7:30. You should be able to get in there early, I think they said 9:00, but I'm planning on being there around 8:00.

Thanks for the update. We also planning on getting there early, hopefully the weather is nice.

CONTEST FORECAST.............CENTRALIA, MO.

Friday 7th, October:

81 | 58 °F
Clear
Chance of
Precipitation

10%

Saturday 8th, October:

79 | 54 °F
Clear
Chance of
Precipitation

10%

Looking Good!!! :-D

off of facebook....
‎25 team so far- The other Brother BBQ, EXE-QUE-TIONERS, Smokin O BBQ, Signature Foods, Jakes BBQ, Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que, Daddy Jon, Natural Born Grillers, Rockabilly BBQ, My 3 Sons BBQ, Hickory Hills BBQ, Muddy BBQ, Three Brothers(Different Mothers) BBQ, Politcal Pork, Stormy Weather, Bow Tie BBQ, Muddy River Boys, Confederate Cookers, Trevor, Torts Illustrated, Burnt Offerings, Archie Hendred, Smilin Bob, and SMOKE THIS!!!! It's not too late, let's get 30!

Back