American Royal (sites and packettes)

EarlyBird;721675. Stop by. [B said:
AHA TORO![/B]
Chris

Is that what a yell when ya sneak up behind a bull and find the beef strokenoff?

:redface:

ok.. off to my room now..

damn, thats twice today.

Plotting and planning for the Royal

Stoddard and Brown will be in 979, our first time. We have like 50 feet of frontage to protect from passersby. Any one got any suggestions as to how to keep people out of our site, our Jiffy John, and our cooker?

Andy and I are really looking forward to this! See you all there. Should pull in late afternoon on Thursday.

Brett

Hey Brett - Someone mentioned Construction fencing - that orange stuff you see at all the road construction around here. Think you can get it at home depot. For the Jiffy John have Andy bring his spider. Those things are notorious for spinning their webs across the seat and sinking their fangs into anything that hangs down into it. As for your cooker... I'm at a loss. We're just hoping our neighbors food smells better and attracts the passers by. See ya in WV.

Tom

Revolution BBQ is in spot 559. We've helped others for the past few years but this is our first year on our own, with our own spot. We requested lot B but got put in the south end. I hope it's a good area.

Stoddard and Brown will be in 979, our first time. We have like 50 feet of frontage to protect from passersby. Any one got any suggestions as to how to keep people out of our site, our Jiffy John, and our cooker?

Andy and I are really looking forward to this! See you all there. Should pull in late afternoon on Thursday.

Brett

Put a lock on the john. In your spot, you should be fine without the fencing, but that is up to you. We didn't use any last year in that spot. You'll love it. You'll be in one of the most quiet spots at the Royal. We only moved because we wanted to get two trailers in our spot. Otherwise, it was a great spot.

I'm thinking this would be a nice way to spend my 30th Wedding Anniversary, hanging out at the Royal!

Let me run it by the ol'lady, if you don't hear from me call the authorities.

No info for us yet. FINALLY got our invitational form returned today. Had a couple of huge questions that took two days to get a live person at the Royal to answer. I imagine they already have us mapped out as well. Long story short, we got Lee signed on as chief cook for the open and me for the invitational. I was assuming he was listed as chief cook at Warrensburg and thus would be for the Royal as well but after entering us with Lee as chief cook in the open, the invitational stuff came to me. I have NO idea how that happened.

No info for us yet. FINALLY got our invitational form returned today. Had a couple of huge questions that took two days to get a live person at the Royal to answer. I imagine they already have us mapped out as well. Long story short, we got Lee signed on as chief cook for the open and me for the invitational. I was assuming he was listed as chief cook at Warrensburg and thus would be for the Royal as well but after entering us with Lee as chief cook in the open, the invitational stuff came to me. I have NO idea how that happened.

Not to hijack this thread but its way too busy for a country bumkin like me to just even think about all the confusion at the Royal.

Will throw a bash at our place for the neighbors and friends.
Thats enough for me.

At least you have yours now.I have not got ours yet but hopefully soon.

Revolution BBQ is in spot 559. We've helped others for the past few years but this is our first year on our own, with our own spot. We requested lot B but got put in the south end. I hope it's a good area.

It's perfect if you love trains. Hopefully they won't be sandblasting the overpass over 571 this year on Friday afternoon.

We're in 417 and have a BWS Competitor and Gator. Stop on in and say hi.

Didn't Don pick up an FE off Craigslist?

It's perfect if you love trains. Hopefully they won't be sandblasting the overpass over 571 this year on Friday afternoon.

We're in 417 and have a BWS Competitor and Gator. Stop on in and say hi.

The guy sold it to a coworker. But he's still looking for one. I think he has a buyer lined up for the Gator if he finds an FE.

OK I feel MUCH better now! Just got a call from Jolene at the Royal. Sloppy Creek is good to go! She said we'll be in site #947! :-D Now about 90% of my stress is gone! The other 10% that's left is the nine in-laws who are coming to town from Michigan for the Blue Springs contest weekend after next. :roll:

Hey Brett - Someone mentioned Construction fencing - that orange stuff you see at all the road construction around here. Think you can get it at home depot. For the Jiffy John have Andy bring his spider. Those things are notorious for spinning their webs across the seat and sinking their fangs into anything that hangs down into it. As for your cooker... I'm at a loss. We're just hoping our neighbors food smells better and attracts the passers by. See ya in WV.

Tom

Hey Tom, looks like we'll be right next to you in 947. I'll be constructing some sort of fortress no doubt! And maybe I'll bring an ECB and smoke some horse chit just to drive the passers-by away! LOL!

Hey Tom, looks like we'll be right next to you in 947. I'll be constructing some sort of fortress no doubt! And maybe I'll bring an ECB and smoke some horse chit just to drive the passers-by away! LOL!

If you put your canopy up at the front, with one of the sides on you only have 5 ft. to defend since you have neighbors on each of the other sides.

If you put your canopy up at the front, with one of the sides on you only have 5 ft. to defend since you have neighbors on each of the other sides.

That's a good possibility. And as luck would have it, my wife is an inch shy of 5' tall so if I post her at the entrance... I don't think anyone would mess with her! :lol: That would be more effective than razor wire or a pit bull! :twisted:

Looking forward to meeting you guys. I think you should bring your ECB. Between your horse chit and the stench of my chicken we should drive everyone away!

Tom

We just got our packet for the Open. Same spot as always #144, far far away from the "dark side". Jeff in KC, if you want some Blatz, consider it done.

Matt

Back