American Royal Open Results

I am so proud and happy, and celebrating madly for all our peeps that took on the American Royal this year!

Congratulations are in order for Andy and Kim... what a great job!!!!
I'm thinking a painful recovery as well...:wink: Woo-hoo!!!

I Que, I Smell Smoke, Transformer and the BBQ-Brethren- ya done New England proud yet again! Nice job!

I wanna shout out to the MoFO's as well... nice finishes by many... Great Grills, Plowboy, Sloppy Creek (I saw the 24th overall dude:mrgreen:) The Slabs, Rub... so many that I noticed with great finishes.
I mean sh*t people... it's the freakin' AMERICAN ROYAL!!!! I can remember when it was all just a dream...

Be proud, all y'all, and bring it with ya to Tennessee!

Congratulations to everyone... safe home.

:lol: Michelle, you've been hittin' the caffeine hard this morning, haven't you? :lol::wink: Thanks for the mention! Wish you folks could have been here this year... Good luck in Lynchburg!

Way to Go!!!

Great Job everyone, I tried to meet as many people as posible Saturday night but could only get so far... again great job everyone..

Congrats Andy and Kim. Job well done. Congrats to all who got called. Rich and I had a blast.

Rich and Bunny/KCass

The Bellys are so happy for Andy and Kim! These folks are not only good cooks, but they are great people, and Teresa and I are happy to call you our friends. Congrats!

I'm happy we bounced back in the Open after a somewhat dismal showing in the Invitational. The only thing I can attribute it to is that I missed church services at Rev. Randy's on Saturday morning.....we did everything the same both days, just a difference in the judges opinions between Saturday and Sunday.

It was great to meet so many of you, but yet I know I never even got close to seeing everyone from the forum, sorry I didn't get around to everyone.

Congrats to all I myself was just glad to be at the dance and just get a call in Ribs that was awesome for me!!! 20th ahhhhhhh I'll take it. Whewww weeeeeeeee

Awesome job by many of the Brethren this weekend. I applaud all of you and esp. Kim and Andy. What a journey.

Congrats to all I myself was just glad to be at the dance and just get a call in Ribs that was awesome for me!!! 20th ahhhhhhh I'll take it. Whewww weeeeeeeee

I'm telling ya guys, this man brought the house down yesterday. When they called him, they asked him what he did that made his ribs so special. And this farker says: "I overcooked them!" :mrgreen: He got an ovation from the large crowd of mostly cooks. Awesome man. Congrats. :eusa_clap

I'm finally finding a minute to get on line. Trailer dropped, site cleared, and Pooh's trailer staged and ready to run to the Jack.

First, Thank you to everyone for all the warm wishes... esp. all the brothers (and sisters) that were there cheering us on at the awards.

Honestly I don't know what floored me more... getting the calls, or seeing and hearing how many folks were there to help prop me up. I'm still a mess - grinning from ear to ear, and bruised up from all the huggin'. I just can't explain it.

Getting the 1st place pork call for Plowboys in the Invitational, was unreal. Todd, Randy, & I had switched up catagories, so I was really hoping to get us a call. I'm so happy we pulled it off!!! A perfect end to a year that started with a GC at Pleasant Hill. You couldn't have written it any better in a fairy tale.

The Open was amazing. I'm still reeling. Thanks everyone for all the support. It means more than you know to Kim and I. I'll post some pics once I get them.

I'm so proud of Andy, I don't even have words for it. Andy has become one of my all time best friends. He's the kind of friend who you'll do anything for and will do anything for you. Andy and I talk almost every day. Most of the time it is about BBQ, family, or this place... kind of a combo of the former two. We've learned a lot from each other and together.

It is exciting when we can cook together... do well... cook separately, and still do well. All I have to say is look out in 2009!!! We'll kick it off in Little Rock!

I'm also proud of Randy and the original Pork Pullin Plowboys team. Randy is the brother I never had. We started this BBQ journey in 2001. We've had plenty of average and less than average results. My first thought when we got our first call at the American Royal Open today was how far we've come from the beginning. To finish 16th in that field was a special moment that I was proud to share with my "brother".

BBQ Trailer and camper are cleaned and sitting in storage already. The lack of sleep is setting in.

Todd, I don't even know what to say. We'd have had just as much fun if we were DAL. But it sure has been a year for the record books. All I can say is, I wouldnt have had the year go any other way. You're a great friend, and with all the success you have going for you, I'm just glad I can say " I remember when" Like I remember when the 1st shakers of Yardbird arrived, and I won Chicken @ GAB!!! I remember when the first 500lbs of Bovine Bold came and disappeared! Everything from finalizing Christian's adoption to your editor's gig on Wellfed. Wow man, you have got it goin on. Thanks for letting me along for the ride... I can't wait to see what the next few years have in store!!! I will say it is nice to have a way to cover the cost of Sirius Sat. Radio for the trailer now....:twisted:

WE are heading back and the laptop is roasting the old nuts.. so I will be quick for now..

First and foremost.... congrats to Andy and Kim!!! ... thats was absolutely the culmination of a great weekend. We had a blast even after getting spanked in the open, But eeing those guys up there with andy grinning from ear to ear.was tops. (only thing that could have been better was jsut one judge making up that half point to put them in Grand!)

we got loads more pics to put up.. but will save that for the hotel tonight.

Side note: we got spanked big time..went from 33rd in the invitatrional to 337 in the open. Started analyzing the scores.. and then just said.. 'no way we are figuring this one out'.. chicken that was 13th in one contest was like 340 in the next contest.... IDENTICAL recipe/technique.

pork which we thought was farking great, got slammed...

and brisket, which i watched go from juicy and moist to beef jerky in front of my eyes while sitting in the box..I thought was DAL.... turned out to be was our highest open score.

So again... congrats to Smoke on Wheels.. and all the others who took the walks.. We will be back one way or another.. it was a great weekend which I will go into later with pics.. and the laptops not cooking stuff.

Congratulations to all our friends called to the stage!

But dammit Andy, I am so happy for you and Kim, awesome, just plain awesome! Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy and Kim way to go guy's glad I could be there to see it.

Todd, Randy as alway's it was good to see you guy's and the families congrats on your calls.

Big Scottyd thanks for letting me come down and get in the way, I always have fun hanging with you and Barb.

It was real nice to see the Brethren.com team Sled, Phil, Vinny, Bigdog, Muzzelbrake, Jorge sorry if I missed any buddy.

Glad to see Spice and the boy's man do you get ugly looks when you come up and scream go husker in that crowd. LOL

Congrats Andy and everyone else who received a call. It was a great weekend and I am already looking forward to next year.

Congrats to all the Brethren...Andy, after the help you have given me on the WH, I see why Todd speakes the way he does about you. Reserve, outstanding job by you and your team...Reserve, wow, I cant even imagine, heck I cant imagine being in the top 100!

Congrats to all the brethren that participated and placed so well. Thanks, we are very honored and proud.

Back