American Royal Open Results

Congrats Bubba & Jeff Great Job!!!!!
Congrats to all the brethren teams that got calls this past weekend.

Amazing showing this weekend everyone! kind of like what Wayne said....to think a little over a year ago Bubba was thinking maybe this wasn't such a good idea, remember Tiger Shrine? Now you guys are at the top....glad you hung in there!

Congrats to all the brothers that competed!

Bubba + Jeff = solid

When does you first cooking class start and does it include a barrel to take home?

Bubba told us afterwards that they are thinking of doing cooking classes. $200 and you bring a case of beer. :mrgreen:

I already know how to drink, didn't Randy tell you I puked on his shoes Saturday morning? OK, well I didn't - but I wasn't far from it.

Time for another nap. Gotta love Columbus Day.

Big Royal Open Congrats to...

Bubba and Jeff for Rockin' the Royal
IQue for 1st in Brisket (Baaaabaahhque!)
MoKan Meatheads featuring Big Creek on Chicken
Porkrastinators for multiple calls
Scottie D - a very proud 11th in sausage (You gotta post that picture of you holding up the 11)
Great Grills o Fire - For being legends in BBQ
2 Fat Bikers - Love the motorized cooler
Sweet Chipotle - Best frozen drinks at the Royal
Butcher BBQ - Best damn brisket marinade on the planet!

And Boondoggle BBQ for not puking on Randy's shoes.

Did I miss anyone?

AR Pictures

TJ1.JPG
Todd & Randy win the MO State Championship

BJ1.JPG
Bubba & Jeff "Win Grand"

BJ2.JPG

BJ3.JPG

BJ4.JPG

BJ5.JPG

BJ6.JPG
They get a ride to their site on their new Kingfisher!

BJ7.JPG

BJ8.JPG

Congrats to Bubbas and Jeffs, and Great Grills... wow! 1st in the Invitational, 5th in the open... an amazing achievement!

Great to see many of the Brethren out in KC.

Kim, send me that picture of Randy and I! We didn't get any pictures on our camera.

debbie 160.jpg

Hey Todd this is me Scotty D and John (Parrothead Smokers) he got 9th in sausage. anyway we had a good Royal.

The Dark side was not so bad, I kinda enjoyed it.

Hey Todd, thanks for the props on the chicken call! That was DAMNED exciting!! The Meatheads finished top 100 in all four KCBS categories and broke the first sheet of scores at the Royal Open for the first time. Wayne, Bob and Marty all brought it STRONG! And Wayne did it while being sick for the entire Royal. I only contributed 25%. :lol: It was a privilege for me to cook with those guys.

Here's a few of the better ones we got...

12th_place_chicken.jpg

Our 12th place chicken before sauce

bubba_robin.jpg

Bubba hugs his wife.

jeff_crown.jpg

Jeff wears the crown!

team_photo.jpg

Photo of the team, dignitaries, family and... well... the side of Phil's head and arm taking a picture. :lol:

video_board.jpg

Must have been true... they gave 'em a giant check AND their name was on the video board!

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for being so nice to me and Bub! We really think the world of all of our BBQ brothers! Everybody gets lucky once in a while. All of you guys have helped us SO much. I know that every single one of you can whip our butts on any day, and I hope we all just keep getting better! After Columbia I know that Bub and I will be right back to practicing as much as we can... So thanks guys, and we'll see you next weekend.. By the way, those pictures pretty much kick ass!

Wow! Mark and Becky take the Invitational and Bubba and Jeff take the Open. I wish Rach and I would have made the trip up there to see all ya'll walk. Good luck in Lynchburg, guys!

That is too awesome!! Great pics, and congratulations on the incredible showings!

Back