Alone for Labor day So need ideals

Got a bag of king crab legs in the freezer how would they work.

12nov06-039.jpg

Looks like he did a grill and baste job to me!

you just want to heat them up cause they're already cooked. mine were not frozen, but flown in fresh from dutch harbor alaska, $25/pound. :biggrin:

surf-n-turf_rtd.jpg

the skillet has melted butter and garlic for dippin...
12nov06-053.jpg

You could have at least got a can of those smoked oysters, they go great with beer.

we always used to get the smoked baby clams in the tin... can't beat two or three of those little suckers on a cracker!...

except for maybe a piece of salmon and a chunk of gouda on a cracker! :biggrin:

24dec06_1-003.jpg

Should I thaw the crab legs in advance or put the on the smoker frozen?

Should I thaw the crab legs in advance or put the on the smoker frozen?

it's recommended to thaw first in the fridge then soak in cold water for 30 minutes, changing the water once to remove saltwater glaze, then just reheat enough to make them hot...

12nov06-044.jpg

Since this thread has about died out I will post my regrets here. Just got 14 qts. worth of bbq beans sat down in the smoker. 2 Butts on, One I injected with creole butter and rub like crazy, well see, the other injected with norm. mixture. Getting the bb's ready and about to make up a gallon of cole slaw.
My regrets is there won't be any pron, my wife made off with the camera again. But if any of you are going to pass through here today and are a little hungry stop in we'll eat til it runs out. Butts wont come off til around ten tonight.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread and even more, the many meals I was dreaming I was enjoying...lol...they all look delic...Have a safe weekend, everyone!

Just a slip of the tongue I'm sure. When you have a pit and a beer fridge, every day is a holiday.

Speaking of tongue......

08f05c31.jpg

This post makes my weekend, thirdeye. I love tongue.
Grew up with it. This looks great. I can almost taste it.
One more drink and I will go to bed happy.

Back