First cook with the Oyster Bed and Steak Bed.....Pron!

Playtoannoy

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Tom
Ordered an oyster bed and a steak bed the other day. Cooked a “just because” dinner for my girl.

A thick prime bone in rib-eye with a layer of boars night out white lightening, sucklebusters campfire steak seasoning, and a dusting of flatiron pepper company dark and smoky, a zucchini from my garden sliced with a light coating of olive oil and sucklebusters campfire seasoning. Finally some chargrilled oysters with Parrains seasoning from the oyster bed.

I smoked the steak on the LSG 24x60 at around 250 degrees up until about 110 internal. Then I seared it up to 130 on the steak bed while basting it with some butter, garlic, and rosemary. The zucchini was cooked on the LSG griddle for a few minutes, then dropped onto the steak bed with the steak to be served sizzling. The oysters were simple. They give you seasoning with the oyster bed and you just rehydrate it with a little water or beer, then add two sticks of soft butter and mix. I ended up with a nice tub of the compound butter. I dropped two raw oysters into each well, topped with a nice heaping spoon of the butter, then right into the Lone Stars firebox for about 7 min. Then I pulled it out, topped the oysters with some freshly grated Parmesan and Romano, then back in for another 7 min or so.

Everything came out great, was super easy to make, and the Mrs was happy!

Attachments

• 1E7C6632-F0E5-4EFA-B860-31547A50D7EC.jpg
    1E7C6632-F0E5-4EFA-B860-31547A50D7EC.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 295
Just bought 2 Oyster Bed “Petites” myself. Will be trying out some shrimp and oysters on them with the Parrains seasoning.

I was always interested in Oyster Bed products but was turned away due to the high price on the cookware. Luckily I’ve noticed they usually have 20% off sales during Holiday weekends. This Labor Day they had it again so I finally jumped on it and purchased the two Oyster Beds.

For anyone interested the next sale will most likely be around Black Friday

Great looking food. Love grill oysters.

What makes the cookware so expensive? I see you can get a cast iron pan for about $35 that has one dozen capacity.

Robert

Great looking food. Love grill oysters.

What makes the cookware so expensive? I see you can get a cast iron pan for about $35 that has one dozen capacity.

Robert

Looks like it’s the material. I can tell you from the one I got it is much lighter than cast iron. It’s safe up to 1,000 degrees. Here’s info from the website:

“ It was at this time that we discovered the unique features of a specially formulated aluminum alloy. This unique metal alloy was the perfect match, blending the thermal qualities and durability of cast iron with the “lightness” of ceramic, making it comfortable to handle even when loaded with food.”

Back