Allow me to introduce myself new toy

Oooo that's nice. Congrats and thanks for the pictures. I like the intake, you can measure how much to set the intake in "county" units, haha.

I see a lot of fun and plenty of delicious grub in your future.

Hopefully, you'll give us a peek now and again.

Nice lookin' rig!

That's a great rig. Beautiful and thoughtfully functional. Very sharp.

The men in the neighborhood will now either love you or hate you, but at least you'll know.

Thanks guys! I'm still working on getting the whole pit tuned so she'll run pretty close to even all the way across. Now that I've gotten some "rookie" mistakes out of the way it should be fairly easier.

1st mistake: I got so excited to light the pit of after having oiled the inside really well that I forgot to open either of the dual stacks I have on there....no wonder the fire wouldn't stay going :doh:

2nd mistake: the truck I pull the pit with, in the picture, has about a 6 inch lift on it....so the trailer nose has to be raised accordingly. This results in a nose high configuration while I pull it. I forgot to lower the nose back down and that particular oversight cost me about 45 minutes of hovering around 200 instead of 250. Soon as I readjusted the nose the temps started rising like normal in the pit :doh:

I'm gonna try (pending what I have going on with the kiddos) tomorrow to light it up again and this time drap bacon all over the grates....oh and finish tuning the pit :mrgreen:

Back