THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
The local kebab restaurant has an Adana kebab that I really like. I decided to try my hand at them.

Used ground lamb, Aleppo pepper, cumin, kosher salt, and sumac.
tWxnk2z.jpg

Divided into 6 balls for my 6 skewers
F5Ky4Gk.jpg

gnJb1Yo.jpg

And out to the Large Egg which was running at about 525 degrees
T0XFKJj.jpg

JhdavAK.jpg

The meat was holding well to the skewers so before I put on the last 2 skewers I removed the cooking grid which was there just in case anything tried to take a dive
UdRFXSL.jpg

All 6 on to warm up a little before pulling them
iwPWWlH.jpg

Overcooked the lamb a bit trying to get a little more char. Found the seasoning to be a little too salty for my tastes but I was sprinkling the seasoning on the kebabs throughout the cook.

I shared my feedback with a buddy who reminded me that the Adana kebabs at the local restaurant are a mix of beef and lamb.

I had 14 oz of lamb left and some 80/20 ground beef so on to round 2 making some adjustments including adding some minced garlic and finely chopped onion to the mix.

Roasted some tomatoes on the Egg before getting it up to 600+ degrees for the kabobs.

Went with bigger kabobs and got all 6 onto the Egg
XxtlxDl.jpg

PGovl0X.jpg

Two skewers were misbehaving (pulled away from the skewer more than I was comfortable with so I pulled them off). Toasted some lavash bread on the 4 skewers over the kabobs
MYNRx6i.jpg

m0h2zp5.jpg

Plated the kebabs, lavash, and tomatoes with some roasted red pepper hummus, rice, and red onions with a light dusting of sumac.

K4M4SM5.jpg

It was a tasty lunch! Thanks for looking :-D

Looks great,nice cook. skewers are a fantastic way to cook.
how did you like the Sumac? I love it

Thanks Titch! I like the sumac. :thumb: I'd only bought a small bottle and it's almost all gone already! Going to get a bigger bottle next time.

Last edited:
That's fantastic!

I may need to call in a favor and ask for help with some of those super-wide "skewers" in the future. That's KEY!

I love everything about this, except that it's not in my face right about now...

That's fantastic!

I may need to call in a favor and ask for help with some of those super-wide "skewers" in the future. That's KEY!

I love everything about this, except that it's not in my face right about now...

Thanks! I’m pretty sure these are the skewers I have (but I was able to get 6 instead of 12): https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Stai...219927&sr=8-2&keywords=Alpine+cuisine+skewers

I wish they were 2-3 inches longer (mine are 23” with the handle) as I’d probably not cook the wood handles as much.

Back