A Trip To the Hardware Store And The 14 Hour Tri-Tip

Thanks for all the kind words folks. I am sure I didn't do anything that anyone here wouldn't have done. I just wanted to share the story as I knew you would all be able to relate.

The Lowes employee was trying hard, but he just didn't have the experience to be really helpful. The only thing I can think of is that he was confusing what he has heard about cooking other meats...like cooking brisket or smoking sausage. Who knows.

Thanks for all the kind words folks. I am sure I didn't do anything that anyone here wouldn't have done. I just wanted to share the story as I knew you would all be able to relate.

The Lowes employee was trying hard, but he just didn't have the experience to be really helpful. The only thing I can think of is that he was confusing what he has heard about cooking other meats...like cooking brisket or smoking sausage. Who knows.

It still would have been better if he had said "I don't know" instead but offered to inquire with the manager - if they knew anything themselves. Giving someone mis-information is really bad customer service. The guy would have laid out a sizable chunk of change for 12 lbs of meat to only have it ruined...you did good.

Back