A Spicewine it will be !!!!!

MilitantSquatter

Today was a real hectic day but then things got better at 5PM...

I called Jay (Spicewine) to officially place my order for a Medium Spicewine !!!!!

In recent weeks, I had traded a number of PM's and phone calls to Jay, Jimmy(smokincracker), Guy (Sawdustguy) and Mr. Smoker in AZ to discussing details or asking questions about their smokers. All were a big help. ( I did not forget our Brethren with trailer models just did not think the questions would have been as applicable).

To assist with moving on and off a trailer for contests, I've requested that Jay put on custom handles on the top rear along with a third set of bigger wheels on the bottom rear that will allow for it to be tipped back in a handtruck style like Jimmy's units were designed. A fourth rack will be added for extra cooking space and I'll have Bad Bones BBQ Crew logo decals put on the sides with a side rail as well.

Just need to work on picking out a kick ass color to compliment it all. Jay's got me thinking about a metallic colored paint job that he said would look great...

I love using my Pitts & Spitts offset and WSM's but it quickly became a space killer at contests needing to carry three smokers along with a Weber kettle for grilling categories. My goal is to minimize my equipment needs at a contest to fit in my small trailer I ordered. I still plan to use the Pitts & Spitts and WSM's at home for fun.

With proper care, I'll have the Spicewine for many, many years and can't wait to see it when done because from talking with Jay, I can tell he cares about what he does and wants to be sure he makes his customers satisfied...

Pics to follow when available...

Vinny, I have seen Jeffs smoker at the Grand Rapids Michigan Contest and also at the Fall Bash at Gregs or Parrotheads Place. Beautifully designed and built smoker. You wont be dissapointed.

Congrats, Vinny! Great choice.

You'll have to bring your Spicewine to Greg's sometime so we can christen it... :-D

IMG_1443.jpg

Congrats Vinny you won't be sorry, i smoked two 20# turkeys and a couple of fatties and was wishing i had some ribs to fill it up. i got a 6 1/2 hour burn @ 225 with 1 chimney of kingsford unlit and 1/2 chimney lit, three chunks of pistachio. I would have used a whole bag of K in the Dually.

I think you made a huge mistake and you will soon see the error of your ways. Just remember that i am only 2 miles away when you want to get rid of it!

Congrats! Never seen one in person but Spicewine cookers look like they would be a great and efficient cooker.

Many congrats !!!! I bet many bro's will look forward to hear how the special mods work out ... seems like you spent lots of time thinking things through!

Regards and enjoy!

Way to go Vinny! Be sure to bring it to Phil's this summer so we can check it out. You know he doesn't have enough smokers in his yard...

Excuse me now while I go make a call to the wife. "But honey, Vinny got a Spicewine ANNNNNNDDDD a new trailer. Look at all that driveway space going to waste...":twisted:

Seriously, big congrats and I can't wait to see junior spice in action next year!

Yeah,

Vinny's daughter had..... No wait, wrong thread. Congrats I guess.

Back