A Special Request/ Saying No Not An Option

Hey Bobby PM me your email address so I can get you connected with my friend Stan who's bringing your new cooker to Tuscaloosa. The two little latches got broken off in my trailer last week. I put all the parts in the cooker. Let me know if it will go back together. If not I can probably get you the new parts.

PM sent and don't worry I can fix most anything, that's how I earn my living. Thnaks again so much for your kindness.

Update on SIL; She remains very positive, but toward the end of the third day on her chemo treatment. I steer clear because that stuff brings out the demons. It hurts to see he so weak at times. Even though one of the family is with her 24/7 she has still had a fall or two just being stubborn and trying to walk when she knows she isn't able to do so right now.

Please continue with your prayers, I think they are what is filling her with the strength to fight this thing.

You are an incredible person and I am humbled to know you as a friend. We will continue to send out thoughts and prayers.

You sir are a good man.

Ray done got me all excited again, beef ribs for me and pork ribs for the SIL is the first thing on the menu.

Sing along;

I'm gonna be smoking----, I'm gonna be smoking-----, It's took quite a while---- but I'm--- coming back in style---. Thanks to drbbq----- a man with a heart of gold------. I'm going to keep smoking--- until I grow old--. I will never forget the man-- that came up with the plan-- to put me back in action once again--.:bow:

God Bless Ray:pray::bow:

Ray sent me a copy of the e-mail to his friend. Waiting for his contact to arrange to get together for the hand off. I'm as giddy as a little kid. Tomorrow is pay day so I'm hoping to have it and put it to work first thing.

The Brethren, if you really take the time you get to know us, that's not just a word, it really has meaning.

Hope there's no misunderstanding Bobby but Stan is picking it up in Mobile this weekend and won't be back in Tuscaloosa until Sunday so you may not get it til next week.

Ray, (edit) if you can arrange to drop off those three gals in your avatar, that would be great. :becky:

And thanks for helping Bobby out.

Last edited:
Hope there's no misunderstanding Bobby but Stan is picking it up in Mobile this weekend and won't be back in Tuscaloosa until Sunday so you may not get it til next week.

What? :laugh::wink:Just kidding, you alreday told me that. You also told me to start stashing meat didn't you? You said probably the 13th or 14th but I'm good however his schedule works out. I'm just proud to be getting it Ray and still excited. Shoould have been more clear with that other post. I see why you thought that now. Thats just the way my brain works sometimes.

I got my New Smoker Today

Matthew and I were in the middle of Wally World when I got the call. Spring break so we were buy snacks and lunches for him this week . Well any way it was Stan, he ask is this Bobby I reply yes Sir, I got you a smoker he says. I almost most chit my self right in the middle of Wally World. What? Like no ones not done that.:laugh: I tell him where I am and he says call me when you make to the check out counter and I will meet you there. :confused: Meet me where I ask. There he says:doh: I know I started talking 40 mile a minute I'm surprised I didn't scare the OL Boy away. Fastest dang shopping I ever did. Good as his word I called and he was there in ten. I saw that smoker it was love at first site. There will be a wood pile thread also with more racy pictures I don't thing I should post here. You lurkers that can't see woodpile, might want to sign up for this one.:thumb: But below are the safe pictures.

Ray You Are the Man!!! I have never had no one to do something like this for me. I am speechless to find the right words to express to you just how much your gift means to me. So I did it in pictures that you an see in woodpile. Thanks again Dr BBQ:cool::cool::cool::thumb:

NewApollo014-1.jpg

I'm still a llot jacked in this one^^^^^^^
Here below I am just showing some Love.
NewApollo001.jpg

OH, Ray , the latches were eaisily repaired.
NewApollo019.jpg

NewApollo021.jpg

CopyofNewApollo006.jpg

Thanks Ray

I have heard it is better to SEE a sermon that hear one...I just heard two.

I will be praying for your SIL and the her Cook!

Ray I dont know you but I think I would really like too....:thumb:

First Class....

This is so awesome.

Bobby, enjoy that pit. I can't tell from the pics if you were hugging the pit or Matthew more.

Dr. BBQ, what a wonderful thing you were able to make happen.

This is so awesome.

Bobby, enjoy that pit. I can't tell from the pics if you were hugging the pit or Matthew more.

Dr. BBQ, what a wonderful thing you were able to make happen.

What it was, the young man step in the way of the hugging and got him a big hug too.

Really don't think I will make the weekend before I have to heat it up and cook something. That's my Goal but wife don't think I will make it.

Going to start up a fire in less than an hour. Wife said I knew you couldn't wait. I say well baby I need to test it out before I thaw out one of them big deer butts.

This is awesome, this thing is liking a few degrees being at cooking temp. And Holding a steady temp. Chicken about to go on.

Looks like you got those little latches fixed up. (That I broke)
Have fun!

OH Yeah went pretty quick with the repair. Fired it up a little while ago and got 10 # of leg quarters going right now. Been holding around 230* this entire time with the first burn. Peaked at the chicken and it's looking so hot. Got to get back to work now will post a pic and or vid later on.

I'm so stoked Ray, you ever need a hand around these parts. You just keep my number.

Back