THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

got14u

is one Smokin' Farker
Here is a smoker I built a while ago. I figure I could post up some pics of the finished product.

Here it is each tray is 20x30 inches (over 20sqft) and there are 5 of them. This was built on consignment and the owner wanted 3/16 instead of ¼ steel. The door seals shut with some channel and gasket. It will do way more then what he inteanded and he is very happy with it. I wish I had some pics of what we did with the handles but I didn’t get any. We spray them with a see through blue so it has a accent, which turned out very cool. If anyone is interested any these I sell them for a lot less then any competitor like a klose or Oklahoma joe. Just pm me. I wanted to do a cool handle but obviously the owner was ok with what was there. Any ways this is the finished product. Thanks for lookin.

Before paint
336797809_photobucket_45149_.jpg

336797809_photobucket_45148_.jpg

a look on the inside

336797809_photobucket_45146_.jpg

336797809_photobucket_45145_.jpg

and after paint. We fired her up and let the paint cure here.

336797809_photobucket_45144_.jpg

a little thin blue

336797809_photobucket_45147_.jpg

Last edited:
Looks really nice. Is it mounted on a sled?
Imagining this thing flying down my local sledding hill while smoking some ribs...

That looks like crap. Nice first try, but all wrong. Send it to me, and I'll cut it up and dispose of the scrap metal. It is the least I can do for a BBQ brother.

CD

I just seasoned it and haven't been able to check temps from top to bttm yet.
Nice lookin' pit! Have you fired it up yet? How are the temps top to bottom? :cool:

Yes it is. The owner only has dirt in his back yard so we came up with this design for the rainy season.....hopefully no sinking
Looks really nice. Is it mounted on a sled?
Imagining this thing flying down my local sledding hill while smoking some ribs...

What a guy...always there for a brother....lol

That looks like crap. Nice first try, but all wrong. Send it to me, and I'll cut it up and dispose of the scrap metal. It is the least I can do for a BBQ brother.

CD

Thanks for all the compliments everyone !

Back