A Pretty Good BBQ 2009

Lori you have a fine son in Tyler and he was a pleasure having there.

MOM comments!

I love each and everyone of you for taking part in this!

I enjoyed the call from Tyler saying "ummmm, mom is there something you want to tell me?" (Yes! Lori kept a secret!) This was after he found out the UDS he built was his. I could hear the smile on his face! :-D Sunday I awoke to a picture text of the meat he cooked. I then knew he was hooked! I best get looking for a freezer!!!​

A new BRETHREN was born!

Coming to a smoker near you!!!

SAPPY ALERT!!!!

JEFF said I could get sappy cause I am a GIRL! :icon_cool​

You met my Tyler! Jeff asked him long time ago if he wanted to go on this trip. Cooking for people they don't know. Ty was excited about going down there and wanted to help in anyway. He even took and did homework! He has a big heart, great smile, and willingness to help others. Once he gave all his Christmas money to help a boy in need of a transplant. He is simply an amazing kid! Growing into an even more amazing adult!
I am so proud of him!

I seen my son on the verge of manhood. This past weekend he left a boy and returned a man! Each one of you had a part in that. He was able to spend time with quality men who were gathered from all over to do wonderful work. I am so proud to call each of you Brethren! As much as I wanted to be there, I knew it was not the place for mom.
Thank you all for sharing the pics!​

A special THANK YOU to Jeff. When you told me about the idea I knew you were RIGHT!!! (note this men) I smiled everytime you called with updates on the plans. It warmed my heart knowing you care that much. You and Ty have a bond and memory that will last a lifetime.

THANKS TO ALL! LOVE YA BROS!!!!!!!

Again..I just wanted to hop in here and say thanks to all those involved. I look forward to being able to do more next year when I will have more advanced notice and hopefully am less busy.

Ty was fun to watch. His face was well worth it!! It was nice to help him out as I went along, working side by side to get the drums finished.

Roger, hopefully next time we can talk some more. You were busy and I was as well.

Actually that goes for everyone there. It was nice to walk in unknown and be welcomed like I had always known all of you.

That is the same way it was when I attended the Veterans Cookoff in Kettering last year...my first taste of the BBQ competition world.

Here are some of the pics

The langs
Spydermike, BBQ Bubba, BBQ Bandit, Matchlight,Sfish with the KCBS Bullsheet
Some of the 1,200lb of meat
The Pigman prepping hind quarters
The Pigman and Divemaster
Divemasters Lang 60 filled
BBQ Bandit
The Pigman, Spydermike, Sfish

Last edited:
Curt, Great Pics!!!!

My favorite pic of Roger is the sign pic! :icon_bugeyed

I could use a sign like that to cover both son's gas release area! :icon_sick

Another favorite is the pickup truck load of meat! :icon_shock1:

Ok, cooks... Sign up for Skype (free), then let me know. I want to get you guys on audio talking about this past weekend, so we can put it in a video as the audio track with music for the church. This one's easy, and you get do it after being rested!

Great pictures Roger, if only Mike and Bubba would have let me sleep I would not look so tired.

Scott

Sorry I couldnt attend due to a prior commitment to assist in feeding the less fortunate.
Good news is I fullfilled promise to a family friend and got her son through hunters saftey along with another 34 students.
She was extreemly worried being a single parent and things went well.

I definately wanted to be with the brethren folks, gotta do what you previously promised.

Hopefully next year I can attend.

Thanks to all the brethren who made this awesome event possible.

Call me stupid i dont understand what to do??????

Ok, cooks... Sign up for Skype (free), then let me know. I want to get you guys on audio talking about this past weekend, so we can put it in a video as the audio track with music for the church. This one's easy, and you get do it after being rested!

Here's my favorite shot of scott, and this was on Saturday, so lack of sleep is no excuse! Maybe it was the chili!

3546177336_9916318246_o.jpg

Curt the 2 guys in pic for the life of me cant remeber thier names????

I think that was Scotts sad face when he heard there was only one gallon of chili on.
Chinese Bob at the time was running looking for some water

Or else it was Scott thinking of his training session he just came from. We will rmember those stories the rest of our lives.

Here's my favorite shot of scott, and this was on Saturday, so lack of sleep is no excuse! Maybe it was the chili!

3546177336_9916318246_o.jpg

What would Bob have needed water for? I enjoyed the chili, but it's not even close to spicy! If you want spicy, I'll have Hal make chili for next year, which isn't a bad idea anyway. We'll call it Pretty Good He-Man Chili, and everyone has to eat a bowl of it!

What would Bob have needed water for? I enjoyed the chili, but it's not even close to spicy! If you want spicy, I'll have Hal make chili for next year, which isn't a bad idea anyway. We'll call it Pretty Good He-Man Chili, and everyone has to eat a bowl of it!

LOL dang I was planning on going down next year! Will "He-Man" chili make me grow hair on the chest? :rolleyes:

There's only one way to find out... It may be a hair-growing concoction, but it's more likely to just kill your stomach!

Thanks

Yo!!! This is Tyler. Thanks about all the things youv'e said about me, everyone, i just want you all to know I am estatic about the UDS. Thanks for helping me get it put together and showing me how to cook like a real man; brown-nosing, lol, but in all seriousness I was extremly glad that my butts turned out nice and it was all done for a good cause. I just want to say thanks, but since it's the internet, I'll type it. Thank you Clark for giving me the ride home, I know it was long and Illionois has the worst roads in all of America, but thanks. Rodger thanks for the advice and staying cool next to your 300, or some degree smoker. Chinesebob thanks for helping me woth the UDS assembly as well as Bubba, you two are not ment to stay in the same room with each other without killing each other. Jeff thanks for the long read you posted but seriously thanks for all you wrote in it and for being able, somehow, have MY MOTHER have a SECRET, those to words will never be used in a sentance again. And to all I didn't list I'm sorry first impressions don't work for me, mainly because I forgot the name, so thankyou. -Tyler :twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ty,
it was nice to hang out with you and see your dad and all the others again and the cause made it extra special, glad to see you are going to carry on the family Q tradition. See you again sometime.
Curt, those last pics are precious!
Roger, write those stories down, they may appear in my book someday and I will need you to verify them!!

Scott

Back