A Mess'O ABT'S

I think Sara Lee does that with chicken, cheese and broccoli.

Bigmista said:
I did a bunch of ABT's the other day filled with a mixture of cream cheese, cheddar, chopped shrimp and a few seasonings. Ran out of japs before I ran out of filling. I had a can of crescent rolls in the fridge and did this...

stuffedrolls.jpg

Whaddya think?
The Survival Gourmet strikes again.:wink:

chingador said:
Holy Fark!!! That is a ton of Japs. Let's see some finished product pics!!!

This is the only pic I have of some finished ones. This is one of the many trays. They are being transferred to a warmer to set out to give to the public. At this point we are usually too tired for much picture takin.

Attachments

• turds2.gif
    turds2.gif
    142.5 KB · Views: 164
SmokinCoyote said:
This is the only pic I have of some finished ones. This is one of the many trays. They are being transferred to a warmer to set out to give to the public. At this point we are usually too tired for much picture takin.

Are they just served as is or with some sauce or dip like ranch/blue cheese?

Plowboy said:
Are they just served as is or with some sauce or dip like ranch/blue cheese?
We serve ours four to a skewer with a handful of fries, a warm buttered french roll and some ranch dressing (The antidote).

bbqjoe said:
We serve ours four to a skewer with a handful of fries, a warm buttered french roll and some ranch dressing (The antidote).

How much?

Oooooh maaaaaan. . . deLISH!

So many dead animals. So little time!:eusa_clap

I just made my first batch (6red and 7green) bakers dozen, why did I not do these sooner? Threw them in the smoker with 4 chickens and they turned out great!

I tried some ABTs last time I smoked. They were awesome! Problem is I can only eat about three at a time before my blood starts to thicken up too much! I have to drink a lot of beer to get it thinned back out to a proper density.

Both the plate full and the smoker loads look great!

K.......so I made my first ABT's today. 4 to be exact. While I was at Staters this mornin, looking fer ground da ground fattie pork, I noticed the butcher had bacon. Accordingly, I got 4 pieces at the cost of 66 cents and 4 Jalepenos at the cost of 1.39(I already had the cream cheese in my fridge).

I threw them in my ECB, along with a fattie and some quartered chicken, and cooked em for about an hour or so(I have no idea what the temp was since my "...Hot, Warm, Smoke....." temp gauge is broken). Like that matters....

These are a thing of beauty. A little spicey for me(I still ate 2), but my wife loved em. They will play a definite part of my Super Bowl smoke as an Hors' D' Vours.

A question.......Bretherens.........What does acronym "ABT" stand for?

Oh yeah, in Texas they stuff em with peeled Shrimp or mud bugs and call them "Bullets".

I live one the 3rd floor in an apt. Electric heat set at about 68*. I grew up in IA and this is not that cold. I don't mind it as long as I stay out of the wind. We didn't get the ice that MO, OK, and KS received. Even got Bailey, my english setter to the dog park for a run the evening. She was driving me nuts the last couple of days.

I've been seeing the whole of the midwest up the eastern seaboard is covered in a deep freeze.
Its cold here(for us that is) and windy. You mid westerners are tough!

Back