A kind Brethren strikes again...

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
Brethren Ashmont sent a surprise gift to me...
a HUGE smile and a Cooking with Beer cookbook! Thank you again Ashmont, you made my day! :becky:

022-1.jpg

There are so many tasty recipes to try.. I started out with the Beer Braised Onion recipe.

I smoked a ham on the Memphis Pro...
used beer and apple juice in the drip pan (I love the aroma. :))

013-1-1.jpg

then foiled the ham and added the onions and a pan of biscuits..

039-2-1.jpg

the Beer Braised Onion recipe..

1TBs butter
1 1/2 cups sliced onions
2 TBs sugar
2 TBs lager
1 TBs balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
the recipes says to melt butter, add onions and sugar... cook until onions are soft, then add lager, vinegar and salt. Cook until liquid evaporates.
I didn't do that.. I just added all to the skillet and smoked until the onions were soft and the liquid had evaporated.

044-1.jpg

055-1.jpg

057-2-1.jpg

062-1.jpg

I built a ham and biscuit sandwich with the Beer Braised Onions..

076-1.jpg

the onions are kind of sweet so I didn't know if spicy mustard would go well on the sandwich. I just served it on the side.. then ended up not using it at all. The onions were great!

083-1-1.jpg

Thanks again for the nice surprise Marty!!

Thanks for checking out my supper. :)

Just Damn! Looks Delish, as always.

Was the ham home cured?

Adding an egg to that biscuit would make a an excellent breakfast sammie. Looks great Jeanie.

Nailed it again!

Jeanie, can you please post something that's a disaster so that we can bring you back to the pack?

Cheers!

Bill

Looks great as always. What temp did u run the Memphis Pro at to create your master piece?

Thanks for sharing!

Papa

So I am standing in line at the groc store and see the Cowgirl Bible in front of me.... I had to send it..... Enjoy it we sure do Sista! The sammi is off the charts CG! 999

What a great Brethren thing to do!! thanks for sharing the recipe, sammie looks awesome.

Oooooooo...
Looking good Jeanie!:thumb:

I'd so love to take a couple thick slices of that ham, dust it with a mustard powder brown sugar mix and spritz it with some pineapple juice, stick it back in the Memphis Pro and let it glaze...

Yummy stuff! I saw that Beer cookbook while checking out at the market but bought the National Enquirer instead. :)

Saw the National Enquirer too but knew that our Sista would kick it up a notch or three and teach us something. I was right! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: Thanks Jeannie.... The dark beer soup looked great too! Okay I peaked before I mailed it....:laugh:

Thanks friends! It was tasty. I really liked the beer braised onions...
Ron, this one wasn't home grown.

Papa, I started out at 275 but ended up raising the temp to 325 to brown the biscuits.

Thanks again Ash! :-D

Back