A Fajita Nortena Benedict Breakfast

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
Breakfast on the Blackstone.

I found some fajita nortena meat at the store. Seasoned it with plain ole coarse salt and cracked black pepper..

TdQXFPP.jpg

4qrwEfq.jpg

Made a chipotle hollandaise and set it to the side til needed...
two egg yolks, butter, lemon juice and chipotle powder.

tdSVTOx.jpg

WbvNTtR.jpg

The meat is like little "Feathers" made of meat.

cVdngvY.jpg

lCXmPbP.jpg

Tossed on some Texas toast and a couple of eggs...

WDad9at.jpg

L1jEq9U.jpg

VJxvcVe.jpg

bfaoC1v.jpg

Zhpey1j.jpg

I was going to make a sandwich at first, but went this route instead.

Topped the toast with sliced meat...

rT2BzSo.jpg

Added the eggs and drizzled with the chipotle hollandaise..

JpKulah.jpg

qkW04s1.jpg

8SQ0Yyb.jpg

I liked the Texas toast. I've made this in the past using Indian fry bread... it's one of my favorites, but this worked out well.
The chipotle hollandaise adds a lot to the dish too.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Your cook pics always drive me crazy but you had to add hollandaise, the most perfect sauce. #drooling

It goes by the name arrachera. It is skirt, and have seen it called hangar steak too. But I'm no butcher. It's sold around here in a Texas or California based marinade. WAY more tender than the long fajita skirts. I go this route now and havent used thenlonger fajita skirts in long time.
Most times the feathers are cut off and the long nervy deal in the middle tossed out. But we enjoy that bit of texture.

That is an amazing meal, Miss J!

I have tried pounding that cut and breading it for use as chicken fried steak and it was amazing too.

Bob

Now if I ate breakfast, I would be wanting that. But I can have it for dinner with some salad and an Avocado, can't I!

Yessssiree!

It goes by the name arrachera. It is skirt, and have seen it called hangar steak too. But I'm no butcher. It's sold around here in a Texas or California based marinade. WAY more tender than the long fajita skirts. I go this route now and havent used thenlonger fajita skirts in long time.
Most times the feathers are cut off and the long nervy deal in the middle tossed out. But we enjoy that bit of texture.

That is an amazing meal, Miss J!

I have tried pounding that cut and breading it for use as chicken fried steak and it was amazing too.

Bob

Thanks for the info Bob! I was happy to find them. :-D
I did give the middle "strip" to my pup. He was very happy. lol
I bet the chicken fried steaks were amazing... I'll definitely give that a try.
Thanks! :-D

Haven't seen skirt steak at the store in many years. I think butchers keep it to take home. Beautiful piece of meat that cooks very quickly on the grill.

Back