998 998 151 887 876 987 wtf?

Please understand I wasn't judging Phillip....just didn't know if visiting on a DQ was done everywhere.....but it wasn't a DQ.....
And on the way back to work from lunch today, it hit me that the 7-5-7 would have been thrown out anyway.
your other marks looked pretty decent!

Phillip was just visiting - but helping.

Not too bad on the ribs for being undercooked - 22nd out of 56, chicken was overcooked and 7th, pork butt was 13th, and the brisket - well let's just say I did not represent Texas very well......:oops:

I saw a few things in this thread that I would like to take the time to clarify.

The paper scorecards are sent to the KCBS by the Monday following a contest. I don't know how long they keep them, but I know they keep them for a while just in case there is a problem.

A hair/brush bristle is NOT a DQ. There are several steps involved in getting that sample judged if one is found. It will be judged.

As Stoke&Smoke posted. no ONE judge will have a DQ score. When an entry is DQ'd, for whatever reason, EVERY judge will have at least one (1) score of 1 on their card.

A score of two (2) is the lowest score any judge can give on their own. Even if the meat is completely uncooked and the judge will not taste it, a 2 is as low as it can be scored.

ALL reps are instructed to go immediately and speak with any team that is DQ'd. As a matter of fact, most of us even go talk to any team that gets a score of 2 because this is mainly given for undercooked chicken. We take the piece of chicken and the napkin from the napkin test with us as evidence.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope it helps.

Phillip

Back