Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 6th Annual Barn Burner Bar-B-Q at Lambs Farm October 14th and 15th.

i just want to say i will not be able to start the porta pot tipping this year but i do expect someone to step up and fill in....

i just want to say i will not be able to start the porta pot tipping this year but i do expect someone to step up and fill in....
If only I was closer, if only I was closer.

Got too many things going on that weekend else I would be coming down to hang out with y'all.

Billy, I was able to read that without my Rosetta Stone Billy v2.0. WTF?

sorry clark... i think i'm getting better at the speelin thing.... lol
i will have special gift for Anjilo

this is close to work so hoping to stop up and visit a bit on
Friday
That would be great! Way to long no see!

Kens Burnt Ends will be there. Our first KCBS comp.....second ANYTHING comp. Did the Grayslake Downtown Rib Throwdown with Moose and did pretty good....mainly looking to have a good time. See you all out there.
We almost did that comp but something came up. It'll be good to see you at the farm!

I warn him. I think he may just try to keep Jimmy between you and him! LOL Maybe I can get him to bring your favorite drink to!!!!:thumb:

For those planning on cooking in the Chili Challenge on Friday night, please pay close attention to the e-mail from Stephanie today...

Also, an update on preparation of the meat in the chili contest. The Lake County Health Department has asked that all meat used in the chili contest be purchased the day of the competition (October 14.) There is are Jewel and Dominick's stores very close to Lambs Farm, and a Mariano's and Sunset Foods that are just a few miles farther. Please bring the meat in its raw state and make sure it is stored appropriately (in a cooler on ice or in a refrigerator.) Please have your receipt with you to show proof of purchase on October 14. Chili meat will be inspected at the same time as the meat for the KCBS categorie

(bold is mine)

This means that brisket chili is out unless you get there early enough to smoke the brisket on site. That knocked us out since the chili that we won with at Westmont last year was a brisket chili and that's what I was hoping to make this year.

Also, I remember from years past that the Lake County Health Dapertment was very picky. They inspected each chili competitor and checked the chili holding temp AND they require a three bin wash setup and checked the sanitizer levels in the sanitize bin. I'm not sure if they would allow a trailer sink to be used or not.

Good call Ron, sorry they eliminated you. I seem to recall only like 3 or 4 teams did chili at LF last year. I see no real justification for having to buy it that day!

If anyone needs one, I'll have a bottle of test strips for sanitizer though.

Oh yeah, and it'll be brisket chili!:thumb:Made ahead of time! (always better the second or third day anyway. That is one good use for a crockpot! We'll bring along some chopped onions and cheese for it also.

Kind of playing it by ear right now, Shot Fairy got a new job :)clap2:)at least for now, which means I may come up by myself to set up, and she can come up when she gets off work (I took a vacation day) Hopefully, we can talk the neighbors into venturing up to have a look, and bringing Di and Ember along for the ride once she's home. I just don't want to wait until 5 or 6 to leave home!

We'll be there for our second contest. I will try to introduce myself around better this time. First contest I was so busy freakin out over the cook didn't wander around enough. Also hope this weather holds it has been great this week.

We'll be there for our second contest. I will try to introduce myself around better this time. First contest I was so busy freakin out over the cook didn't wander around enough. Also hope this weather holds it has been great this week.

We all understand... What's your team name?

Yep. We were. I think we may have met on Friday night. If not we'll meet at Lamb's!

Forgive the foolish question, but can I just show up and meet some of you guys? I won't be competing at all, just wanna maybe come see and meet some fellow brethren. One thing that would stop me for sure is if the Brewers are still playing, otherwise I think I can make this thing.

edit: which day and time would be best as to not bother anyone while cooking their entries?

Back