THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scotch ale brew and a pork shoulder que:

4_07_zps2e4ac059.jpg

4_05_zps3b68b441.jpg

Redhot crunchied up some thick cut bacon, and sauteed the celery and onion just enough where it still had some good crunch. In bacon grease of course. Chopped a couple Mt. Olive Kosher dill pickles and opened a can of sliced black olives (Got lazy).

Then I minced some fress dill weed.

Bacon_zps7abbe469.jpg

bacon1_zpse3721bf7.jpg

bacon2_zpse184eae3.jpg

bacon3_zps7752a0c8.jpg

bacon4_zps98139e1d.jpg

Redhot crunchied up some thick cut bacon, and sauteed the celery and onion just enough where it still had some good crunch. In bacon grease of course. Chopped a couple Mt. Olive Kosher dill pickles and opened a can of sliced black olives (Got lazy).

Then I minced some fress dill weed.

Bacon_zps7abbe469.jpg

bacon1_zpse3721bf7.jpg

bacon2_zpse184eae3.jpg

bacon3_zps7752a0c8.jpg

bacon4_zps98139e1d.jpg

Oh my. :shocked:

Tater Salad's done.

In it went the taters, about 12~15, forgot count. A few had tough skins so they got peeled. The bacon, celery, onion, pickle, black olives and dill weed.

The dressing was 1 cup white wine vinegar, 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup stone ground prepared mustard, 3 tbs turbinado sugar and a couple teaspoons cracked black pepper. No additional salt as the taters were cooked with a sprinkling, and the bacon and dill pickle added salt too. Used one cup of this mixture. Have about a cup reserved.

Here tis...

salad1_zpsd9479583.jpg

salad_zps9581a26b.jpg

No additional salt required for the cook. :thumb:

I'm debating about adding some sour cream...

Lots of good eats in this thread! I did my grilling yesterday.. I didn't know what we were going to do so I smoked some tenderloin on the kettle first for sammies at work then went to grilled chicken also on the kettle..I am so happy that I bought that last weekend... BTW anyone know how to get the kettle to 4-500 deg and still be able to cook indirect?

Ribs are three hours in. Bout 1 1/2 at 225 which is where it settled in initially then I bumped it up to 275 or so for the second 1 1/2. I've glazed them with a mixture of BigButz BBQ Cranberry and BigButz BBQ Napalm, about 3 to 1. No glaze pic as I needed to close it. Here they are pre glazing.

ribs4_zps071e95e9.jpg

Back