THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Captain. Great job.

J

The Hemi orange smoker measures 46" tall, 25" deep, and 25" across, on the inside.

The black one is 32" tall, 39"Wide, and 25" deep on the inside. Both are gravity feed.

I have used 2x the fuel as normal. cook times are going on about 16 hours at 235 F (pretty normal).

the pics don't show it , but there is actualy about 2" between each butt.

My main concern with the whole cook was grease fires, but have been ok so far. I have been draining the catch pan every 4 hours.

Way to work your BUTT off there Cappy! Keep it up and enjoy the sleep when you crash! Keep paying it forward and good things will just happen to you! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Butts are coming along well......

Ok, I've got to ask. I've been thinking about loading my upright full of butts for a cook like you did. Were they done at about the same time or did the lower ones block the heat off from the upper ones and causing the cook time to be staggered.

And,,,,,what you did looks great. :wink:

Ok, I've got to ask. I've been thinking about loading my upright full of butts for a cook like you did. Were they done at about the same time or did the lower ones block the heat off from the upper ones and causing the cook time to be staggered.

I'm interested in this too, Captain. Do you normally find much temp difference between the upper and lower racks? Does it make a difference with a full load of meat like this?

Thanks.

J

We had some bad tornadoes in our community this weekend, and we are feeding people who are helping clean up, and displaced families.

That's awesome! I am really impressed at how many of the people here pitch in to help others as much as they can.
Way to go!

I THINK the salvation army are going to have people there to help, if not it will be my sister, wife, and myself. should only take 30-45 minutes. I hope.

I'm sure you'll get all the help you need once they smell that great food...

Just another day cooking for the Brethren!

The orange smoker tha bottom ones got done first, and on the black one, the top ones got done first.....Didn't seem to matter location, but size was the main factor as I tried to put all the small ones on the top racks.

Back