THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminds me of a joke about hauling Butt and having to make 2 trips. Would be interesting to measure the yield.

What a Brother stepping forward and doing the good deed

Smoke on brother and dont forget the finished pics please

CC,
Good luck and god bless you for your efforts. The world could use more like you and your family.

Outstanding, caveman.

Good on you for doing something cool like this for a great cause. Great job.

Couple of questions if you don't mind:

Do you have pics of the cooker so we can see the big picture there?

I've never cooked more than 4 butts at a time on my OK Joe. Is there much worry when they get close together like this? I guess I'm asking if you still get the same smoke penetration?

What kind of time differences are you looking at on the cooker loaded up like this vs just having a few butts in there?

Any other considerations you have to account for when you're doing this many at one time?

Great job.

J

Wow Cpt Caveman. That is one awesome job you did. Way to go there. Great help. Im sure everyone appreciated those butts.

Very impressive capt. Way to help out in the community as well.

I've never cooked more than 4 butts at a time on my OK Joe. Is there much worry when they get close together like this? I guess I'm asking if you still get the same smoke penetration?

What kind of time differences are you looking at on the cooker loaded up like this vs just having a few butts in there?

Any other considerations you have to account for when you're doing this many at one time?

Great job.

Placing the meat on the rack with 1/4 inch or less clearance around the meat to allow the smoke to surround the meat and penetrate is all that is needed.

Depending on the smoker will determine the variance of the time to bring the meat up to smokin' temp. More meat means a slower recovery time but the cooking time will be pretty close to the same once the smoker recovers and starts smoking.

Making sure to have enough trays available to put the pulled meat in and a enough Cambros to do the job to keep the meat held at 140 degrees or higher before serving.

This is such a great way to return the favor for those doing their part to salvage the neighborhood and help others.
I used to BBQ for my wife's work on a regular basisat the City of Sacramento's 911 Center where she worked for 21 years before taking over the City Operator program and developing the soon to be 311 program for city services.

Attachments

• Comm Center 2004.jpg
    Comm Center 2004.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Comm Center BBQ 2005 016.jpg
    Comm Center BBQ 2005 016.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 110
Outstanding, caveman.

Good on you for doing something cool like this for a great cause. Great job.

Do you have pics of the cooker so we can see the big picture there?

Great job.

J

The Hemi orange smoker measures 46" tall, 25" deep, and 25" across, on the inside.

The black one is 32" tall, 39"Wide, and 25" deep on the inside. Both are gravity feed.

I have used 2x the fuel as normal. cook times are going on about 16 hours at 235 F (pretty normal).

the pics don't show it , but there is actualy about 2" between each butt.

My main concern with the whole cook was grease fires, but have been ok so far. I have been draining the catch pan every 4 hours.

Great cook and great thing your doing.

Its things like this that should have the moderaters promote you to
One Smokin Farker early!!!!!!!!!

Back