4 McRibs for Dinner?? Yes Please!!! (lots of pics)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
While I enjoy good bbq (or good any food in general) I also enjoy occasionally or on multiple occasions like eating what a lot of people call might call "crap" :becky:. Certainly a subjective term, but I really love reading all the blogs and articles the McRib haters write every time it comes out.

Seems like the pork patty is pretty much a version of a pork hotdog with all kinds of random pig parts cooked, mushed and formed into a shape of any choosing. There are so many fast food or restaurant sandwiches (and meals) much much worse for you nutrition wise. So the bashing just seems weird to me. Of course a lot of it comes from how "bad" it tastes and I get that :p.

So to honor this magical sandwich I got 4 and ate them 4 different ways. I start traditional and then add things to make them even better tasting and healthier.

So here are the 4. I got 2 without sauce as just something different to try. They look delicious don't they???........don't they......:thumb:
IMG_0435.jpg

Close up of the McRib goodness
IMG_0436.jpg

Now for the 4 versions I ate........
First was traditional. Just straight McRib in its original glory.
IMG_0446.jpg

Second was a no sauce, sriracha, sauted onions and blue cheese dressing
IMG_0438.jpg

Third was back to sauced and had an order of fries on it.
IMG_0439.jpg

Fourth was another no sauce with broccoli, cheese, and 2 over easy eggs
IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

Here are the action shots......and thoughts of each.

1st Traditional: The pork patty tastes a little bland by itself and the sauce is a just a generic sweet kind of tangy bbq sauce. The pickles and onions do add some decent flavor. Yup it is the pickles and onions that make it good :loco:.
IMG_0450.jpg

2nd Sriracha, onions, blue cheese dressing. This was my favorite. Getting rid of the sauce for sriracha is a great choice. Then lots more onions and the blue cheese really added lots of good flavor. Also a fine meal such as this one takes a great beer and I still have some Christmas Ale left.
IMG_0452.jpg

3rd Added Fries. I love McDonalds fries, I really do. So this tasted like awesome McDonalds fries and the McRib........go figure right :crazy:. Nothing epic. Oh and yes that is my leopard blanket in the background in case you were wondering.
IMG_0456.jpg

4th No Sauce, Broccoli, Cheddar Cheese, 2 Over Easy Eggs. This was my second favorite. The broccoli didn't add much and kind of threw the other flavors into a weird mix. But I do love just about any sandwich with runny egg yolk and that saved it.
IMG_0459.jpg

Oh do I have something on my face???
IMG_0462.jpg

I almost finished them all too.
IMG_0473.jpg

So there you go. My delicious McRib experience this time around. Overall I don't think they taste like much by themselves. Pretty much a gimmick by McDonalds that has a cult following and works or else they wouldn't keep doing it?? Heck I'll keep buying them. Hope it inspires others to get the McRib or try new versions themselves. :becky:

Yet another veiled attempt by PETA! You scroundrel you! How dare you bring the poor leopards into this!:twitch:

Funny post dude!:thumb:

God help you! Not a fan of mcribs but the egg idea probably helped.

About 10 years ago they had a cheese steak for a few months and I was surprised how tasty it was. I was born and raised in Philly.

Chris

I hate to admit it, but I have always loved the McRib. I was not a happy camper after they first introduced it and then it went away without becoming a permanent menu addition. Although, as always, I found a way to replace it. Any time I get a McRib craving, whether McDonalds has them or not, I buy a frozen six-pack of On-Cor frozen boneless rib patties. They taste exactly the same. Cook 'em up, put 'em on some rolls with whatever fixings you like, and I like them better!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/On-Cor-Cl...-Sauce-6-Ct-Chicken-Parmagiana-28-oz/10804996

I think Banquet makes them too...either way is much cheaper than getting them at McDonalds.

Im sure his wife took these pictures. Y'all are a trip looking forward to next year and having a great neighbor.

I hate to admit it, but I have always loved the McRib. I was not a happy camper after they first introduced it and then it went away without becoming a permanent menu addition. Although, as always, I found a way to replace it. Any time I get a McRib craving, whether McDonalds has them or not, I buy a frozen six-pack of On-Cor frozen boneless rib patties. They taste exactly the same. Cook 'em up, put 'em on some rolls with whatever fixings you like, and I like them better!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/On-Cor-Cl...-Sauce-6-Ct-Chicken-Parmagiana-28-oz/10804996

I think Banquet makes them too...either way is much cheaper than getting them at McDonalds.

Yeah I think everyone has their own "off the track" favorite. Your idea is great for when the McRib isn't around.

I have never had a McRib before. I might try one just to see what they are like. I don't eat much junk food, and when I do, it is usually just a double cheeseburger, no fries, and with milk instead of soda.

I'm sorry but I have trouble even eating the buns from McD's as they are so sweet. I will have to trust you on the flavors as I am damn sure not eating one. Thanks for the detailed post and great pics though!

Back