THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kpbridges907

So yesterday I smoked my first porkbutt, my first fatty, and smoked my first fattys. The butts I rubbed and injected the night before then wrapped them and put them in the fridge. I'm not sure how much they weighed individually after I trimmed them but the costco package said they were 20 lbs together. Now I got a really late start like 11:30 am and was expecting them to take until at least midnight if not longer so I cooked higher than where I prefer I kept the temp around 275 I wrapped at 165 and put them back on and left them till the bone wiggled loose and then I wrapped them in a Towel and threw them in the cooler for 2 hours. I used a drip pan to catch all that goodness and instead of beans I took the fatty oil off the top and mixed the drippings with Stubbs bbq sauce and it was amazing. Oh the third first was taking pictures of my food. I served it with some cole slaw courtesy of the bbq brethren recipes. I can't seem to figure out how to upload more than one picture at a time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Back