THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1-Finally wrap using butcher paper
2-Finally try Sucklebuster rubs
3-Finally try burnt ends
4-Finally find my macaroni and cheese recipe--I've tried many and haven't been able to find it yet.

When you find it, please let us in on it.:hungry:

Agree. I've made 2 versions this year already. I actually have one pulled up in my recipe software right now, and at least 20 that are tagged in there that I need to work through.

Last year my goal was to work on sides and condiments. I did get sidetracked with starting a food business, so that delayed things a bit. I've been getting better at it, and want to continue. I'm really good at getting focused on a main, and forgetting about the sides and such.

My current task is to finish sorting recipes. I have over 1200 in Paprika, and earlier this month there were 900 that didn't have a category, so been working diligently to get those all in place so it's easier to find what I'm looking for.

I will resist the urge to comment on experimental cooking posts no matter how stupid I think it is!

For example - Injecting your Brisket with Botox, no comment from me! Cook your Jumbo Shrimp "Brisket Style" low and slow for twelve hours, not a word!

I resolve to silently chuckle and move on to the next post! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Find a good source for Red Oak Splits so I can fire up the Santa Maria pit a bit more often. Buying small bundles at the local stores adds up pretty quick when cooking a single steak for the 2 of us.

Corollary: Keep myself from talking myself into a better SM Pit. (My Costco/Santa Maria BBQ Outfitters is pretty old and getting a bit long in the tooth. Would love to get something a bit bigger and “Fancier” :mrgreen:)

I’ve heard many good resolutions here. In addition to them I’d add:
1. Up my sides game
2. Learn more about spice combinations and experiment with more Kevin-developed rubs
3. Broaden my library/rotations of meats - avoid too many brisket/rib dominated cooks

Back