2022 BBQ Resolutions

1-Finally wrap using butcher paper
2-Finally try Sucklebuster rubs
3-Finally try burnt ends
4-Finally find my macaroni and cheese recipe--I've tried many and haven't been able to find it yet.

When you find it, please let us in on it.:hungry:

Agree. I've made 2 versions this year already. I actually have one pulled up in my recipe software right now, and at least 20 that are tagged in there that I need to work through.

Last year my goal was to work on sides and condiments. I did get sidetracked with starting a food business, so that delayed things a bit. I've been getting better at it, and want to continue. I'm really good at getting focused on a main, and forgetting about the sides and such.

My current task is to finish sorting recipes. I have over 1200 in Paprika, and earlier this month there were 900 that didn't have a category, so been working diligently to get those all in place so it's easier to find what I'm looking for.

I will resist the urge to comment on experimental cooking posts no matter how stupid I think it is!

For example - Injecting your Brisket with Botox, no comment from me! Cook your Jumbo Shrimp "Brisket Style" low and slow for twelve hours, not a word!

I resolve to silently chuckle and move on to the next post! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Find a good source for Red Oak Splits so I can fire up the Santa Maria pit a bit more often. Buying small bundles at the local stores adds up pretty quick when cooking a single steak for the 2 of us.

Corollary: Keep myself from talking myself into a better SM Pit. (My Costco/Santa Maria BBQ Outfitters is pretty old and getting a bit long in the tooth. Would love to get something a bit bigger and “Fancier” :mrgreen:)

I’ve heard many good resolutions here. In addition to them I’d add:
1. Up my sides game
2. Learn more about spice combinations and experiment with more Kevin-developed rubs
3. Broaden my library/rotations of meats - avoid too many brisket/rib dominated cooks

Back