THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Just received an e-mail concerning the 2015 Music City BBQ Festival. Question is, did any off the competitors ever get paid for their 2014 winnings? We finished just out of the money in all categories except steak, which was a different sponsor, so we got a check at awards. I do not see the cook-off listed on the KCBS website. Probably would not go back anyway, because the entry fee was way too high. The only reason we went was for the steak cook-off.

Just wondering if anyone ever collected their money.

As far as I know, they have not been sanctioned by KCBS for this year's contest, and I've been told they won't until all the teams from last year that didn't get their money, get paid.

I just received an email from one of the organizers yesterday stating that they are sorry that I and some other team didn't get paid, and that they plan on paying us after the 2015 BBQ contest is over. Sounds like a "robbing Peter to pay Paul" situation to me. As far as I know there are still several KCBS and MBN teams that didn't get their money.

If KCBS does sanction them, I will be one pissed off SOB!!!

As far as I know, they have not been sanctioned by KCBS for this year's contest, and I've been told they won't until all the teams from last year that didn't get their money, get paid.

I just received an email from one of the organizers yesterday stating that they are sorry that I and some other team didn't get paid, and that they plan on paying us after the 2015 BBQ contest is over. Sounds like a "robbing Peter to pay Paul" situation to me. As far as I know there are still several KCBS and MBN teams that didn't get their money.

If KCBS does sanction them, I will be one pissed off SOB!!!

As one of the thousands of organizers that does comply with the KCBS sanctioning rules, I would be distressed if KCBS should re-sanction an event that is pulling these sorts of shenanigans. Sanctioning organizers with a track record of failure does not help competition BBQ. Better to let such weak events die off than to attempt to prop them up and extend the misery.

Back