Pork
1-4 legs up
2-I Smell Smoke
Brisket
1-I Smell Smoke
2-Jacks Old South

Good luck to all!!!

I was going to say the same thing.

Also, I think a wild-card thing about the Jack is having to turn-in white meat for chicken turn-ins. You have to be able to cook a mean breast or whatever. It is hard to know what teams are good at or will hit it on turn-in day.

On another forum they had posted a few weeks ago the actual Vegas odds for teams going to the Jack and winning it. If someone recalls and can dig it up, it would be an interesting addition to the discussion.

Actual? I think Turk usually posts that. I'd love to know which sports book has that on the board:mrgreen:

Actual? I think Turk usually posts that. I'd love to know which sports book has that on the board:mrgreen:

the odds are posted above. I think it was the Turk who posted them, but he said they were actual. I guess I am pretty gullible, but I have also heard you can get odds on almost anything in Vegas.

Last edited:
the odds are posted above. I think it was the Turk who posted them, but he said they were actual. I guess I am pretty gullible, but I have also heard to can get odds on almost anything in Vegas.

You can. I had these created for the media last Friday after that kid supposedly floated away in Colorado.

THE BALLOON BOY/ WHAT WILL HAPPEN FIRST

It will be proven a hoax +300
The parents will write a book +250
The parents will go to jail +500
The family will be offered a reality show +240
The father will be offered a job as a weather reporter +500
The family will be offered a balloon endorsement +175

I was going to say the same thing.

Also, I think a wild-card thing about the Jack is having to turn-in white meat for chicken turn-ins. You have to be able to cook a mean breast or whatever. It is hard to know what teams are good at or will hit it on turn-in day.

On another forum they had posted a few weeks ago the actual Vegas odds for teams going to the Jack and winning it. If someone recalls and can dig it up, it would be an interesting addition to the discussion.

That's why my money is on Rhythm and Que. Cooking as many IBCA contests as they do, they have to be good at white meat chicken. If I remember correctly they won chicken at last years Jack.

If Boondoggle can win the Royal then THE PICkLED PIG can win the JACK!! Don't take that the wrong way Bobby and Don! Have fun and good luck!

That's why my money is on Rhythm and Que. Cooking as many IBCA contests as they do, they have to be good at white meat chicken. If I remember correctly they won chicken at last years Jack.

That's kind of what I was thinking as well. Also I think they actually placed 2nd last year in Chicken.

Tough Call. I would go with:
Swamp Boys
Cool Smoke
Pellet Envy
Bub-Ba-Q
ISS!!
Dizzy Pig
IQue
3eyz

I think Dizzy Pig will win Brisket and 3eyz will win Ribs

Lots of good choices. Iowa Smokey D's, Pellet Envy, R&Q have all had great years. Scottie is a local favorite. But... I have to put my money on...

Dr. Porkenstein using the Captain Ron FEC-100! Go Alex! Ignore the little camera in the corner of the pit :-D

There's a wild card in the mix you don't know about. He's going for the first time and he's a damn good cook. We'll see.

Back