2008 KCBS TOY Results announced

I wish there was a way to see the details for at least my team. One of our best competitions had out name listed wrong and based on our totals I suspect that it may not be included. It really doesn't matter since we're not at the top, but it would be nice to verify that things were right.

We cooked in 13 or 14 KCBS contests, and pulled in at #24.

We had a few obstacles to overcome:
-- the distances we had to drive (averaging 6.5 hours one way, over a six-state range);
-- we cooked only a couple of contests that had over 50 teams (not counting the Jack);
-- neither of us is a food-service pro, we both have fulltime jobs;
-- and this was our first full year on the competition circuit.

Geographically disadvantaged as we are, we may never show up in the top 10, but
I'm proud of our season-end numbers. If we can do that under those conditions, I'd think that anybody with the same desire could do it too.

I'm courious to know who Boondoggle's BBQ is. They didn't knock anyone's socks off but cooking only 6 comps, they finished a respectable 328th overall.

I'm courious to know who Boondoggle's BBQ is. They didn't knock anyone's socks off but cooking only 6 comps, they finished a respectable 328th overall.

I could tell you some things I've heard about them. I'm sure none of them are true.... :twisted::twisted:

The TOY, Munch Hogs won 6 GC's out of 26 events competed.. Pretty Good, right ??

Is 26 right? Were all 26 KCBS santioned events? I'm thinking the numbers must be off here because if that's right, we averaged more points a comp then Munchin Hog - which I doubt is the case since Rob seems to always finish in the top 10.

Is 26 right? Were all 26 KCBS santioned events? I'm thinking the numbers must be off here because if that's right, we averaged more points a comp then Munchin Hog - which I doubt is the case since Rob seems to always finish in the top 10.

26 per Pickled Pig's data.. I'd assume only sanctioned KCBS events are being tracked.

http://www.thepickledpig.com/PPapps...Date={d '2008-01-01'}&EndDate={d '2008-12-31'}

You may have averaged more pts per contest, but if you only cooked 6 and they get their best 10, then avg pts per contest does not affect final standings since it's total points of the best 10.

26 per Pickled Pig's data.. I'd assume only sanctioned KCBS events are being tracked.

http://www.thepickledpig.com/PPapps/rankings/powerrankingsteamhist.cfm?team=MUNCHIN%20HOGS%20AT%20THE%20HILTON&StartDate={d%20'2008-01-01'}&EndDate={d%20'2008-12-31'}

You may have averaged more pts per contest, but if you only cooked 6 and they get their best 10, then avg pts per contest does not affect final standings since it's total points of the best 10.

I hate math.

And how'd you do? Or do I have to look it up?

26th

11 Top 10 Finishes

11th of 76 at Blue Springs
11th of 61 at Shannon, IL
16th of 459 at the American Royal

I'll take that!

Some of the results on KCBS aren't correct. There should be some changes coming next week, I think. I know that they are missing one of our big Pork contests. We should have 2530 pork points which puts us in 5th or 6th, I think.

26th

11 Top 10 Finishes

11th of 76 at Blue Springs
11th of 61 at Shannon, IL
16th of 459 at the American Royal

I'll take that!

Some of the results on KCBS aren't correct. There should be some changes coming next week, I think. I know that they are missing one of our big Pork contests. We should have 2530 pork points which puts us in 5th or 6th, I think.

Nice! You had a year to remember, Todd, and many more to come.

man we rocked!! :-D:-D

overall 3958 out of 4305 teams
chicken 3445 out of 4203 teams
ribs 3978 out of 4243 teams
pork 2048 out of 4183 teams
brisket 3027 out of 4148 teams

:eek::eek::eek: Guess we should have entered more than 1 contest :-D

looks like the only thing we can cook is pork

3 competitions this year and only one in the top ten over-all finish. (6th out of 80 teams @ BlueSprings)

9th in chicken @ Laurie Hillbilly Cook-off. (77 teams)

3rd in pork @ BlueSprings

10th in ribs @ BlueSprings

Blues & BBQ - Sedaila, Mo. (13th overall out of 38 teams with no top 10
placing)

Team year end result.........600!.......(We'll take it. I think we may be on to
something?)

Just need to work on our briskets for '09. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming season.

I think I got left out. I have searched and searched the list for Notley Que till my contact lens almost fell out, and I cant find my ranking.

Our team had a blast but cooking only 4 just isnt enough. I love comp BBQing and the people are fantastic.

Overall-532
Brisket- 684
Chicken- 361
Ribs- 472
Pork- 561
And I am happy with these numbers.
Our team will never be able to do more then 7-8 comps at best a year unless we win the lotto.

Our first year of more than a couple contests and we are very happy:-D We cooked 14 counting the invitational (tied for 10th lost tie breaker) and the open at the Royal, and Jack. Our GC was in a MABBQ (non-KCBS) contest and didn't count toward the points. In the other 11 we made top 10 in 8. We met soooooo many great folks and are looking forward to 09. Not sure we will be able to compete in as many contests but are fortunate to have several within a few hours.

Overall: 99
Chicken: 121
Ribs: 31
Pork: 129
Brisket: 129

We only cooked 3 contests this year and came in at #800 overall, but like Andy said there was some great moments this year that go beyond numbers:cool:

This string will go a long way...still looks like some problems with team names (The Pickled Pig and That Pickled Pig look suspisious) and point calculations. Of the 5 categories they got 1 right for us...the others were not off by much and for us it doesnt matter but for some it could make a big difference.

Back