2 weeks to Warsaw Who's In ??

Jeff, congrats to you and everyone else that got called! Sure is nice to be home and dry...
We were 11th in brisket, and 14th OA. Dang pork that is usually real dependable kept us out of the top ten OA.

Nice wet weekend - Great calls for Wayne, Jeff, and Jay!!! My cooking just wasn't worthy this weekend :eek:) Had a great time, so thanks to everyone who was out there!

NIce to hear of all the Bro's taking walks. Sorry Jeff I was unable to help out, but you can count me in for the comp at the Woodlands, if you still need someone to help out? With your score at Warsaw, maybe I should stay away?

Andy, I thought your pork was great. Of course it was the only entry of your's that I tried. I don't know if I'd say your cooking wasn't worthy... when you get mostly 7's, 8's and 9's and one judge gives you a farking TWO and FOUR, something ain't right and it wouldn't seem to be your cooking.

Todd, you're welcome to cook with us at the GAB. The more you see at contests, the better off you're gonna be whenever you and Tom get started. Tammy and I are borrowing an older camper from a co-worker for the weekend but it's only got two beds best I recall. You might want to bring a tent with you. I think there'll be room for it.

Just wanted to let Jay and his guys and Jeff and Wayne and everybody else for ALL the advice at our first comp. in Warsaw. We had a great time except for the weather. We were pleased with ending up in 21st place overall. See you guys soon
:icon_smil 11th in chicken(with one perfect score)
19th in pork
21st in ribs
:oops: 32nd in brisket

Bubba's Remember When BBQ

Bubba, it was great to meet you and Jeff at Warsaw and we were all glad to help. I think you'll find that there will be people at any contest you go to that will be more than happy to give you advice and pointers. Glad you enjoyed your first contest and that's definitely a respectable showing for the first one, especially that chicken score! That bird looked good! I'll be curious how it scores if you ever decide to turn it in unsauced. And don't worry about the brisket score. Most people will tell you it's the most difficult thing to cook in KCBS contests.

Where are you guys going to be competing next? You hafta bring your dad along too! What a great guy! I thoroughly enjoyed visiting with him about his travels and bluegrass music over coffee Saturday morning!

Glad you found the site, Bubba! Head to the Cattle Call forum and introduce yourself to the Brothers!

Bubba: Glad you and Jeff found the site!! These are a great bunch of Men and Women who love good Q. As Jeff said go to Cattle Call and introduce yourself.

Spice

Jeff_in_KC said:
Bubba, it was great to meet you and Jeff at Warsaw and we were all glad to help.

Where are you guys going to be competing next? You hafta bring your dad along too! What a great guy! I thoroughly enjoyed visiting with him about his travels and bluegrass music over coffee Saturday morning!

Glad you found the site, Bubba!

Ditto Bubba, I enjoyed meeting you guys - and loved your Dad's stories, and musical adventures - I want to hear some of that pickin' when your buddy is playing guitar up this way! I think we said it dosent get much better than good coffee, good bluegrass, and good conversation on a wet Sat. morning. Glad you weren't taking any advice from me. Jeff is being nice with my pork earlier in the thread. I didn't take any walks.:wink: Might have done better turning in those cinnamon rolls as a misc. entry!!

Great competition and even more special spending time serenading all the brothers in the rain!

Jeff, more alcohol would have done the trick--think Osage!

Andy, I think the camper issues had you distracted.

Jay, I'm always thankful for an apprecititve audience! Sorry about the chicken, truly.

It's too early to say for sure, but looks like us Meatheads may be back!

The Rep at Warsaw came by the shop today with our actual Chicken scores prior to the DQ. 2nd place!!!!!! Which would have given us the GC by 20 points!!!

Sometimes you eat the Bear!!

Sometimes the Bear eats you!!

Check for those pix boys!! One can really ruin your day!!

Spice

There's always another contest!! It would have been nice to get that AR invitation out of the way first time out of the box though!! It kind of takes the pressure off of the year!! Hope to see some of you at the Shrine Club in Columbia 3 weeks from now when we try again.

Jeff_in_KC said:
Andy, I thought your pork was great. Of course it was the only entry of your's that I tried. I don't know if I'd say your cooking wasn't worthy... when you get mostly 7's, 8's and 9's and one judge gives you a farking TWO and FOUR, something ain't right and it wouldn't seem to be your cooking.

Todd, you're welcome to cook with us at the GAB. The more you see at contests, the better off you're gonna be whenever you and Tom get started. Tammy and I are borrowing an older camper from a co-worker for the weekend but it's only got two beds best I recall. You might want to bring a tent with you. I think there'll be room for it.

Sounds great Jeff. I was thinking just the other day that I should have remembered my Hammock and stand. That dude sleeps great. Have had plenty of naps in that. Send me a private email with your details so I can make my plans.

Going to hit the Lumpkin comp this Saturday and look around.

Thanks.

Look for Steve (Denver Cajun BBQ Krewe) and tell him I said hello. He's a good guy and has given me quite a bit of good advice in the last few months.

Hawgsnheifers said:
Sounds great Jeff. I was thinking just the other day that I should have remembered my Hammock and stand. That dude sleeps great. Have had plenty of naps in that. Send me a private email with your details so I can make my plans.

Going to hit the Lumpkin comp this Saturday and look around.

Thanks.

A big congrats guys!!!! Great to see so many of us taking the walk. Spice... no more toothpicks!!! gonna get you some surgical thread that dissolves on its own... :)

BBQchef33 said:
A big congrats guys!!!! Great to see so many of us taking the walk. Spice... no more toothpicks!!! gonna get you some surgical thread that dissolves on its own... :)

Cool idea! :grin:

Someone at Warsaw (can't recall who) watched me put toothpicks in my chicken and told me about a guy who used GREEN toothpicks to shape the thighs and the finished product had green stripes though the middle of the meat from the toothpick bleed! That had to be a bit discouraging for a judge to bite into and see green meat! :lol:

Back