2 weeks to Warsaw Who's In ??

:eek: :eek: Bring the rain gear, fellas! :eek: :eek:

Friday: mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 70. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph.
Friday Night: mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 50s.
Saturday: mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s.

After Emporia last year, the Meatheads are ready for anything--except microbursts!

Accuweather.com says a chance of rain Friday, high of 65.

Hey Spicewine, I guess that means I'll be "Singin' in the Rain!"

Hey Jay......if you talk to the contest organizer and they are short some judges, give me a call on my cell, T and I will drive down and judge.
Let me know Friday night if possible.

Looks like we are guaranteed rain now boys.... A slow rain, moving to a steady flow overnight. Jeff is going to be loving that double walled cooker this weekend. Too bad, he'll be too hung over to remember how good his meat was before Bob helped out ;o)

Just got done waxing my smoker, will pack it this afternoon. RAIN??? Bring it on!! I'm still gonna get 4 hours of sleep.

spicewine said:
Just got done waxing my smoker, will pack it this afternoon. RAIN??? Bring it on!! I'm still gonna get 4 hours of sleep.

Jay, I waxed mine on Saturday. Also got some tire-shine on the tires and polished up the wheels. Now rain and dust! :eek: Oh well... Got a feeling I'll be loving that insulation come Saturday morning.

Not to take anything away from this thread, but T and I were like minutes away from making a commitment to cook a non sanctioned event in Fulton this weekend.....Darrel is trout fishing and John had plans, so we were considering do it, just the 2 of us, with a pop-up and a cooker.....UNTIL I looked at the extended forecast....something about setting up in the rain at 4PM, then having a 100% chance of rain through Saturday afternoon late with wind gusts up to 20 mph got me to thinking maybe this may not be the right contest to try and do by ourselves, I depend on my brothers too much.....I guess I'm a fair weather competitior, without my brothers....LOL

Best of luck to all and keep your charcoal/wood dry........

You need to change your icon then if you are a fair weather smoker!

Good luck to all going to Warsaw! Hope you packed your rubbers, boots that is!

Wow guys! I just got home from Warsaw and was it ever a swamp! Rained almost non stop from about 10 am Friday until 7am this morning. It stopped and was calm until after the awards. It came back on strong and hasn't stopped yet! GREAT night for sleeping!

Anyway, just a quick report. We did not get a copy of all the overall scores, just our individual unweighted scores as the place it was at did not have a copy machine. But I can tell you this... the BRETHREN WERE REPRESENTIN'!! Check out these from what I believe was 34 or 36 teams...

Chicken - Big Creek BBQ - 3rd

Ribs - Paola Greg - 1st
Team Q - 2nd

Pork - Mokan Meatheads - 1st

Brisket - Team Q - 1st
Big Creek BBQ - 3rd

Overall - Mokan Meatheads - 5th
Big Creek BBQ - 6th

Team Q PROBABLY would have gotten at least Reserve but possibly Grand had they not had a chicken accident. Farking toothpick! Damn!

We agreed that Andy (HoDeDo) got hosed by a judge BIG time (lots of 8's and 9'd and one judge with a 2 and a 4 on the same entry! WTFark?

Greg also got 1st in the Miscellaneous category (Lemon Pie I think it was).

I'm not sure where Greg and Andy ended up overall. They'll mail the overall and category scores later in the week.

Counting the Misc. Category, there were seven walks taken by Brethren! AND three of four first places went home with your brothers (Congrats, Greg, Wayne and Jay!) We were all smiles and pumped after that. Didn't get a picture of us all together like we had planned as the rain was pushing back in and we were all anxious to get loaded and go.

Now I need a shower, some sweats and an easy chair til I pass out!

Just got home from Warsaw. The weather wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Took 1st. Place Brisket---2nd place ribs--- 12th place pork butt and ---DQed on Chicken!! We missed a tooth pick!!! Could have had Grand Champ if we were more carefull!!

Got to see Brother Jeff, Brother Wayne, Brother Andy, Singin Bob.

Brother Jeff walked twice!!

Brother Wayne--- 1st place pork butt!!

Congrats to all and good night.

Spice

Oops! Just remembered... Mokan Meatheads 5th in chicken too.

And Jay, it was an honor and pleasure to compete at a contest with Team Q there! A rare priviledge! Had a blast!

UPDATE: Found all top tens:

34 teams
Overall Rankings
1. Smokin 101
2. Pigs In The Pokie
3. Yellow Jacket Bbq
4. Sedalia Masterbasters
5. Mokan Meatheads
6. Big Creek Bbq
7. Crazy “8” Bbq
8. Fat Bastard & Liddy B
9. Maximum Loin
10. Pitside Bbq

Chicken
1. Fat Bastard & Liddy B
2. Bocce “N” Bbq Boys
3. Big Creek Bbq
4. Sparkle Plenty
5. Mokan Meatheads
6. Pigs In The Pokie
7. Smoke On Wheels
8. Smokin 101
9. Peta
10. Maximum Loin

Ribs
1. Ribs 4 U
2. Team Q
3. Tob’s Bbq
4. Moonlight Bbq
5. Fat Bastard And Liddy B
6. Crazy “8” Bbq
7. Sauze Baron.Com
8. Yellow Jacket Bbq
9. Pit Pyros
10. Peta

Pork
1. Mokan Meatheads
2. Pitside Bbq
3. Yellow Jacket Bbq
4. Sedalia Masterbasters
5. Smokin 101
6. Pigs In The Pokie
7. Casual Smokers
8. Pork Q For You
9. Fat Bastard And Liddy B
10. Crazy “8” Bbq

Brisket
1. Team Q
2. Pigs In The Pokie
3. Big Creek Bbq
4. Smokin 101
5. Yellow Jacket Bbq
6. Sedalia Masterbasters
7. Hit & Miss
8. High-Point-Drifters
9. Smokin Buddys
10. Sparkle Plenty

spicewine said:
Just got home from Warsaw. The weather wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Took 1st. Place Brisket---2nd place ribs--- 12th place pork butt and ---DQed on Chicken!! We missed a tooth pick!!! Could have had Grand Champ if we were more carefull!!

Got to see Brother Jeff, Brother Wayne, Brother Andy, Singin Bob.

Brother Jeff walked twice!!

Brother Wayne--- 1st place pork butt!!

Congrats to all and good night.

Spice

I guess there's no point in us showing up at the Shrine cook.....:cool: Winning your GC away from you last year put a bull'seye on us?
You know I'm messing with ya! Congrats! Bryan fixes a mean brisket and John's ribs are some of the best, if he can get them in the box! :mrgreen:

Back