1st Bday Saturday w/27lb Wagyu, 2 Pig Head, Lamb Shoulder & Pastrami Ribs

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Have been getting things ready this week for Tiny Human's 1st bday this weekend :clap2:. Should be fun and the weather has gone from a chance of rain later in the day just to cloudy and around 80 so should be pretty perfect. I think we have around 30-35 coming and hopefully we have enough meat.........:becky:

So I have a 27lb wagyu I got last June from mr brisket when I bought 2 of them that size, then I corned a bunch more st louis ribs the other week since those are my new favorite bbq meat (5 racks of those), 2 pig head (about 20lbs total) and then 2 lamb shoulders (about 18lbs). I got 2 pans of beans and 2 pans of mac I made some large batches of the other week thawed out and I'll make slaw today.

Here's the ribs corning a few weeks ago
ZLbKwvGl.jpg

Pig heads and lamb shoulders from the asian market around me
uhLnzmil.jpg

And here's the 27lb'er standing up next to the kid. I labeled as to not confuse anyone :becky:
Y07YLmil.png

Here's all of it together
rDNv202l.jpg

Took the brisket out this morning and into water to get the last bit of chill out of it. Still had a tinge of frozen and I'll trim and inject sometime later
Oj5n9v9l.jpg

I8Tmgyfl.jpg

Have I been drinking already?? How was I in woodpile and didn't realize it??? Maybe i'll go make some coffee............

Maybe I'll let it simmer in here and see where it goes :-D

Now THIS is one I'm gonna watch. Gotta ask you about corning ribs.....never even heard about this. Can you share just the skinny on making them and what they turn out like? Inquiring minds want to know....

Now THIS is one I'm gonna watch. Gotta ask you about corning ribs.....never even heard about this. Can you share just the skinny on making them and what they turn out like? Inquiring minds want to know....

Here is one thread. I have others if you search my profile too.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258636

It's just like corning anything. Nothing fancy. Put it in a brine like a brisket and let it ride. Take em out then whatever pastrami rub you want to add. They are awesome.

If you think Jason's humor is spot on in here....wait until you are at a competition with him and a T-rex shows up to the cooks meeting, or you open your Lang to find him laying across the grate....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

............there are no pictures to prove this.............unless you just search around for a few minutes..........

Back