First Post in 3 years! Bday BBQ w/ pics

ozlites

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Ozzy
Hi y'all,
It's been awhile since I posted and the bday email I was sent reminded me of how I needed to reconnect. It was my bday last Easter Sunday and I had a bunch of friends come over for supper.
I lit up my WSM around 7:30pm Saturday night and salt and peppered a packer brisket to start with. 8:15 was when I steadied her temp to 250F, added some chunks of oak, later on, adding some lump coal to have a little nap around 1:30am. Woke up 4 hours later, added some briquettes, went back for another nap till 7:30 am. Had coffee, wrapped the brisket at 165F and added a small Boston Butt. Took the brisket off around 11am to rest in the cooler for a few hours. I then put the pork butt and put it on the lower rack and added 2 racks of ribs on top, had a baby rack with a store bought Vietnamese style BBQ rub I wanted to try and a St-Louis rack with my own Memphis style rub. Meats were ready by 5pm, everybody loved it and that made me a happy bday boy. Sorry no after pics as it was devoured by my hungry guests!
Cheers!
Oz

O000ps...the pics!

Im out of practice apparently, attached are the pics...I think

Attachments

• bday bbq 2.jpg
    bday bbq 2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 232
  • bday bbq1.jpg
    bday bbq1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 233
  • bday bbq 3.jpg
    bday bbq 3.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 233
  • Bday BBQ 5.jpg
    Bday BBQ 5.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 232
  • bday bbq 4.jpg
    bday bbq 4.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 231
That was a celebration in style. Glad to see you enjoyed good food and friends.

Back