180 point winners

:idea: How many 180's do you think will be at the ROYAL, that should be interesting don't you think?? That should be the place it all happens.

Skip, under the KCBS scoring rules comparitive judging is forbiden, each entry should be judged on its own merits. I know that not all judges follow (or understand) this little point, but we all should know the rules :thumb:.

That wasn't what I was saying. What I was trying to say was that a judge who already gave a perfect score couldn't go up from there. So another 9 9 9 would be given.

:idea: How many 180's do you think will be at the ROYAL, that should be interesting don't you think?? That should be the place it all happens.

and if there are no 180's this weekend or there are a dozen, what conclusion will you draw?

seems like you dont really understand the process and are trying to draw some conclusion from looking at the scores and there simply isnt one to draw.

I can only recall one 180 in the 8 KCBS meat categories at last year's Royal - Invitational Pork - Caveman Cuisine

Dessert on the other hand - I think it had 6

Im not trying to draw any conclusions, i just wanted to ask everybodys opinion on the fact that 9 180's were giving out at one contest. I am not mad that it happened, i just thought that it was unusual. Wouldn't you figure the royal has all the best teams from around the country, so wouldn't the 180's be put out there. The event in ks had great teams in it, and they all will be at the royal also. Im not trying to piss anybody off, im just trying to get opinions on the matter. So if you have not responded yet, let me know what you think. And if you got a 180 on a meat, let me know what you thought of it before you turned it in, did you think you had the 180 or just really good??

I got a 180. Ate four bones myself, mighty fine rib I must say. Oh and I got 4th behind some of the best dang cooks out there (week in and week out). What the question should be is what in the world did first place do. :-D

Hey kosmo, congrats on the 180, i have a question for you. So how do they place you 4th if there is 4 180's in the contest, sucks to get 4th and have a perfect score:-d

No chit. I lost money as well. But like I said earlier, there was some dang good cooks there that were 100% focused on the comp. I'll take a 4th place with them cats anyday. O and I use Kraft Hickory Style bbq sauce. :wink:

kosmo, how do they decide the places with 4 perfect scores

1st place was all 6 judges gave nine's 2rd, 3rd, and 4th they went to the sixth judge and we all tied. So I think I am not for sure but they flip a coin. Don't quote me on that though. Maybe some else can chime in on how they break tie breakers.

Back