$10,000 Steak...Replica

Fabulous looking steak. I’ve never tried my GrillGrates on my charcoal grill, but by the looks of that I need to.

Yeah they worked great! Just remember they will get HOT! I got a 850* reading last night at one point...:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Great looking steak! I’ve tried many of his rubs and recipes in the last and for me, they are way over seasoned...or I just have too heavy of a hand erecting to replicate what he does. His dirty bird is my kids favorite chicken rub

Thank you! Dirty bird is my go to for chicken as well as roasted vegetables especially broccoli, Asparagus, and Brussel Sprouts. His rubs are pretty salty. If you are sensitive to salt they will definitely be over powering. I (unfortunately) am a pretty savory kind of guy. :becky:

Your replica looks very tastee! I would not pay that amount for it but I sure would like to be invited over for dinner.

Thank you! I actually had all the rubs, just bought the Brisket Mop specifically for this cook. He headquarters out of Oklahoma City and his shop is on my way home from work so I get in there whenever Im low on seasoning. Especially the dirtybird!

The spirit with grillgrates. Another thing that made me a believer. Ive never seen temps over 500 in this grill before.
l9kGLXb.jpg

Nice job an both steaks!

Kosmo’s videos are great! Malcom Reed also has one on cooking a steak for an SCA cook off that is very good.

Be careful with the rail temp on the grill grates. I shoot for 625-650 for my timing and rub combo. If the rails get to hot the grill marks can get bitter depending on your rubs. If I remember correctly Kosmo shoots for about 600 degrees rail temp with his rubs and timing.

BTW, the same method works great on pork chops, lamb chops, burgers, etc.. here are a couple of pork chops that I did in my PK360 using grill grates.

Attachments

• BCC1716C-87C0-41B7-B30E-EA3A981F572B.jpg
    BCC1716C-87C0-41B7-B30E-EA3A981F572B.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 22
Nice job an both steaks!

Kosmo’s videos are great! Malcom Reed also has one on cooking a steak for an SCA cook off that is very good.

Be careful with the rail temp on the grill grates. I shoot for 625-650 for my timing and rub combo. If the rails get to hot the grill marks can get bitter depending on your rubs. If I remember correctly Kosmo shoots for about 600 degrees rail temp with his rubs and timing.

BTW, the same method works great on pork chops, lamb chops, burgers, etc.. here are a couple of pork chops that I did in my PK360 using grill grates.

Thanks Ron! Good info about the grates, something I wasn’t aware of. I made a couple chicken breasts on the grillgrates a couple days ago and they turned out pretty! :becky:

Back