$10,000 Steak...Replica

AClarke44

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Andrew
So, I'm showing off a couple things in this post. The awesomeness of grillgrates, which I just purchased, and the amazing taste of KosmosQ rubs (I guess you'll just have to use your imagination for this one) as well as the recipe that he used to win $10,000 at the World Steak Cook-off.

First let me say, I know there are many people here who have used grillgrates for a long time. For those of you who don't have them, they are everything they are advertised to be. There's no learning curve, they just work!
I needed to replace the original grates in my weber spirit and have been wanting to try out grillgrates for awhile. I wanted a size that I could use in my kettle or recteq as well. The size that fit the weber spirit will also work in those other two cookers so I bought them and I cant be more happy about that purchase! :becky:

As far as the recipe for this cook. I made this steak exactly how KosmosQ does in the youtube video (you can view it here) so I wont go into the details of the recipe in this post. I used a prime ribeye I purchased from Sams Club.

This steak was possibly my best but definitely in my top 5 ever! Wow it was good! Even if you don't have the grillgrates to make it look pretty you should try this recipe! You wont regret it! :thumb:

Here are just a few pics for you all to enjoy.....Man was this good!

Friday night fun!
yoXfA90.jpg

This stuff is great!
pqj1OQv.jpg

ijJum4i.jpg

WFLVUeM.jpg

9MaGoXM.jpg

ukotcJt.jpg

p8HkklR.jpg

Yessir! I am on board with this recipe. Looks amazing from your telling of it all. Looks like it came from a high end steak restaurant

Killer steak and plate Andrew. Grill grates are real, i outfitted my genesis with a full set, like George said flip 'em over and try a burger

That’s a good looking steak

Looks amazing. I love my grill grates. They are great upside down and cook like a flat top. Great way to do burgers

Killer steak and plate Andrew. Grill grates are real, i outfitted my genesis with a full set, like George said flip 'em over and try a burger

Thanks guys!

I may have to try the grate flip and some burgers see how well that works. But, I do have a blackstone griddle I usually do smash burgers on. :becky: I was thinking of trying them flipped with a steak as well.

I have another steak left and tonight I am going to reverse sear it using the recipe I usually do which is basically Pit Barrel Cooker beef and game rub. If you haven't tried it, that stuff is great on beef and Salmon! I'll try and get some pics. Im gonna sear it on my weber spirit to see how well I get grate marks from the gasser.

Fabulous looking steak. I’ve never tried my GrillGrates on my charcoal grill, but by the looks of that I need to.

Great looking steak! I’ve tried many of his rubs and recipes in the last and for me, they are way over seasoned...or I just have too heavy of a hand erecting to replicate what he does. His dirty bird is my kids favorite chicken rub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your replica looks very tastee! I would not pay that amount for it but I sure would like to be invited over for dinner.

Tonight was the Recteq/Weber Spirit reverse sear with Pit Barrel Beef and game rub. Very good, but I will probably give the edge to last nights KosmosQ recipe.
I know you folks love your pron so here goes.

Here's the recteq cooking away at 180*. Some of you have asked about the smoke from the recteq. It was hard to get a good shot because of 30mph winds but you get the idea.
y6PyoKd.jpg

The spirit with grillgrates. Another thing that made me a believer. Ive never seen temps over 500 in this grill before.
l9kGLXb.jpg

And now a couple of the steak. It was another very good night!:becky:
M2iI61a.jpg

Rpgoboj.jpg

Back