1 Butt on the Weber Now, Another going on Shortly

I'm learning what I like, the more I do this. I'm finding that I start daydreaming about smoking meat, starting Monday morning on the way to work. I assume most people here have the same situation I do... can only do it on the weekend because of work.

My kids are sick of hearing about it, but they love to eat it. My wife tolerates it, with a smile.

My co-workers are probably tired of hearing about it too, LOL. But a few of them have tasted the fruits of my labors. Those few AREN'T tired of hearing about it, I don't think.

Meant to add in that last post that I like pulled pork better than ribs. My brother told me I probably would, and I found out today he was right.

I have 2 cell phones. One is work issued, and one is mine. I'll take photos with both, and see if I can post here from either phone.

I tried to link both phones to the computer... no go. I guess computers are like _ _ _ _ _, you can't live with them and you can't live without them (kidding).

I'll see if my wife will help me with her digital camera for my next cook.

The second butt has a good bark. It seemed to pull easier too. Not sure why that would be. It never got wrapped. Of course, I sampled a few nibbles while I was pulling it.

I think we are having company over for dinner in a couple of weeks, and we promised them BBQ. In a lot of ways, I find pork butt easier to cook than ribs. So I'll probably do another butt that day.

We use Michigan every day to go to and from work. Working for PCC, and attending church there, we are on campus a lot. Sounds like you live within a few miles of me.

The butts did turn out good. I was starting to wonder if that second one would ever get through the stall. They could have come off at the same time if I had gotten them on at the same time. By the time the second one was finally ready, I was pretty worn out. But it's worth it, considering how delicious they are.

Back