THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
sFAOgFg.jpg

I recently made some whole stuffed chicken 🐔 wings 3 ways. First were a couple with breakfast sausage, then 4 with Asian chicken filling, and 4 more that were like a jalapeno popper filling. Removing the bones from the drumette and flat takes a few minutes, stuffing is pretty easy and I leave enough room so I can tuck the meat back in to seal the end. Or you can fill more and use a toothpick.
RikB2VA.jpg

Cooking time was close to an hour total with a 350° pit temp, and I only monitor the temp of the filling, and watch the color of the skin. You will see filling recipes using everything from mac-n-cheese, fried rice, or about any kind of meatball mixture you can think of. It's all good.
ZkeI2x9.jpg

44Q1B6G.jpg

Dont give KFC idea's, its bad enough we got boneless wings, we don't need stuffed wings. I want my bone in honey bbq wings back.

I deboned 13 whole wings yesterday for stuffing today.
Things I learned (my first time)

I much prefer the paring knife over scissors to cut the ligaments.
Dislocating the joints prior to starting is a must do.
Once the tendons are cut, your fingers are the best tool to peel the meat from bone.
Out of 13 I only cut the skin on 1, so did pretty good.
The wings that have broken bones are the most difficult.

I will go Asian bbq with these today. Stuff with a cabbage pork type stuffing then on to the smoker with some Bachan’s Japanese sauce to finish. Fried rice as a side.

Back