THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That's amazing. I am smoking my first ham this easter. Sadly I do not have 2 weeks to brine a shoulder so I will be going with a commercial ham. Is 155 the IT I should pull it at?

:heh: Thanks guys...

That's amazing. I am smoking my first ham this easter. Sadly I do not have 2 weeks to brine a shoulder so I will be going with a commercial ham. Is 155 the IT I should pull it at?

Thanks Dealm... Yeah I pull them at 155˚.

Cheers

beautiful work my friend.

i'd love to see a pic of the leg sliced with the skin on. is it like cracklin????

how does the brine get through there?

i've got 2 equalizing now, per your advice before, and will cook tomorrow. i think i'll use a brown sugar/pepper "glaze" on 1 of them.

thanks for sharing!

Your ham threads get me every time! I tried this last Christmas with 2 shoulders and they turned out great. Thanks for posting this! I can't wait to try it again.

All I can say is WOW just WOW. Agree with Jason would love info on that. You must have a huge fridge. Great knife skills. By the time I was deboning a ham it would only be good for fish bait

Wow, that is truly the most amazing piece of ham I have ever seen! I had no idea you could do that with a humble shoulder. I will have to look into that when my Lang arrives! You must have a commercial fridge.

Thanks a lot for the kind words guys! :thumb:

Psst, hey Phrasty, I don't want to sound ungrateful but I don't see a link anywhere in there unless I'm missing something. Maybe I should stop being lazy and do a search!

You're absolutely right man, my bad! Just seeing this again too. Here's the link bro:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97531

beautiful work my friend.

i'd love to see a pic of the leg sliced with the skin on. is it like cracklin????

how does the brine get through there?

i've got 2 equalizing now, per your advice before, and will cook tomorrow. i think i'll use a brown sugar/pepper "glaze" on 1 of them.

thanks for sharing!

I actually take off the skin when I glaze the hams... they are easier to come off once the fat underneath has started to render a bit... it just peels right off.

As for curing with the skin on, it was a small ham to start with but I inject properly. Inject along the bone and behind the joint. Thats where's most important. Haven't had a problem yet... :thumb:

All I can say is WOW just WOW. Agree with Jason would love info on that. You must have a huge fridge. Great knife skills. By the time I was deboning a ham it would only be good for fish bait

Thanks a lot man! I do have a spare fridge I use for this kinda stuff and catering jobs... nothing special...

Cheers

Back