• Yet Another 85 Lb Batch of Hams (Very Pr0nographic)

That's amazing. I am smoking my first ham this easter. Sadly I do not have 2 weeks to brine a shoulder so I will be going with a commercial ham. Is 155 the IT I should pull it at?

:heh: Thanks guys...

That's amazing. I am smoking my first ham this easter. Sadly I do not have 2 weeks to brine a shoulder so I will be going with a commercial ham. Is 155 the IT I should pull it at?

Thanks Dealm... Yeah I pull them at 155˚.

Cheers

Thanks guys!

Here's a thread with some info on it... Should get you started... :thumb:

Psst, hey Phrasty, I don't want to sound ungrateful but I don't see a link anywhere in there unless I'm missing something. Maybe I should stop being lazy and do a search!

beautiful work my friend.

i'd love to see a pic of the leg sliced with the skin on. is it like cracklin????

how does the brine get through there?

i've got 2 equalizing now, per your advice before, and will cook tomorrow. i think i'll use a brown sugar/pepper "glaze" on 1 of them.

thanks for sharing!

Your ham threads get me every time! I tried this last Christmas with 2 shoulders and they turned out great. Thanks for posting this! I can't wait to try it again.

All I can say is WOW just WOW. Agree with Jason would love info on that. You must have a huge fridge. Great knife skills. By the time I was deboning a ham it would only be good for fish bait

Wow, that is truly the most amazing piece of ham I have ever seen! I had no idea you could do that with a humble shoulder. I will have to look into that when my Lang arrives! You must have a commercial fridge.

Thanks a lot for the kind words guys! :thumb:

Psst, hey Phrasty, I don't want to sound ungrateful but I don't see a link anywhere in there unless I'm missing something. Maybe I should stop being lazy and do a search!

You're absolutely right man, my bad! Just seeing this again too. Here's the link bro:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97531

beautiful work my friend.

i'd love to see a pic of the leg sliced with the skin on. is it like cracklin????

how does the brine get through there?

i've got 2 equalizing now, per your advice before, and will cook tomorrow. i think i'll use a brown sugar/pepper "glaze" on 1 of them.

thanks for sharing!

I actually take off the skin when I glaze the hams... they are easier to come off once the fat underneath has started to render a bit... it just peels right off.

As for curing with the skin on, it was a small ham to start with but I inject properly. Inject along the bone and behind the joint. Thats where's most important. Haven't had a problem yet... :thumb:

All I can say is WOW just WOW. Agree with Jason would love info on that. You must have a huge fridge. Great knife skills. By the time I was deboning a ham it would only be good for fish bait

Thanks a lot man! I do have a spare fridge I use for this kinda stuff and catering jobs... nothing special...

Cheers

Back