THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
I was hoping to make a burrito for lunch today, but the large flour tortillas seemed to have disappeared. I decided instead to make mulitas, which is a type of cheese and meat filled quesadilla, but on corn tortillas.

A few nights ago, we made Mexican style grilled chicken(Pollo Asado) and chorizo on homemade tortillas. Had 4 tortillas left, plenty of chicken and chorizo, plus some pico de gallo, and some salsa verde and salsa roja I made as well. The salsa roja is near perfection, one I've been working on for years, which I plan to share and document here soon. The verde was a spur of the moment creation, loosely based on a Serious Eats recipe that I heavily modified. It came out quite respectably overall.

Cooked the mulitas on a skillet to crisp up the tortillas and melt the grated colby jack cheese I added.

It was a satisfying lunch!

JmYxxyp.jpg

Amen!

That looks fantastic, Moose! Looking forward to the skinny on the salsas.

Thanks, Marc! I will be posting this soon, I promise! I'll start with the salsa Roja as that's the one I've been working on for years to get where I want it.

Back