• MSU Lunch: Crispy Mulitas Stuffed with Pollo Asado and Chorizo + Two Homemade Salsas

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
I was hoping to make a burrito for lunch today, but the large flour tortillas seemed to have disappeared. I decided instead to make mulitas, which is a type of cheese and meat filled quesadilla, but on corn tortillas.

A few nights ago, we made Mexican style grilled chicken(Pollo Asado) and chorizo on homemade tortillas. Had 4 tortillas left, plenty of chicken and chorizo, plus some pico de gallo, and some salsa verde and salsa roja I made as well. The salsa roja is near perfection, one I've been working on for years, which I plan to share and document here soon. The verde was a spur of the moment creation, loosely based on a Serious Eats recipe that I heavily modified. It came out quite respectably overall.

Cooked the mulitas on a skillet to crisp up the tortillas and melt the grated colby jack cheese I added.

It was a satisfying lunch!

JmYxxyp.jpg

Amen!

That looks fantastic, Moose! Looking forward to the skinny on the salsas.

Thanks, Marc! I will be posting this soon, I promise! I'll start with the salsa Roja as that's the one I've been working on for years to get where I want it.

An exceptional looking lunch! I love the colors that the different salsas give to these dishes.

Back