• Halloween Dinner: Cast Iron Skillet Chicago Deep Dish Pizza on the Grill

Looks Awesome........Care to share your sauce recipe? It looks different than what I have seen when I have been to Chicago (seems those were chunky tomato sauces and yours looks pretty smooth, which is a bonus in my book).

Anyways, nice job! :clap2:

Ed

Looks Awesome........Care to share your sauce recipe? It looks different than what I have seen when I have been to Chicago (seems those were chunky tomato sauces and yours looks pretty smooth, which is a bonus in my book).

Anyways, nice job! :clap2:

Ed

Ed,

I didn't have canned plum tomatoes on hand, so I just used my usual pizza sauce:

Authentic Pizzeria Sauce:

This sauce does not need to be cooked, as the sauce will cook when the pizza is baking.

I can crushed crushed plum tomatoes (Cento is very good)
1.5 tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 1/2 tbsp crushed oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
1 T olive oil

Mix everything together in a bowl, then refrigerate overnight before using so the flavors meld.

OK, since nobody has mentioned it yet....

GREAT JOB of getting the dang thing outta the pan in one good looking piece!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Looks like you nailed it!

I'm going to have to try it now. And I was just starting to drop a few pounds...

wow!...looks great...a "2 slicer"...meaning no mas after 2 slices!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

How correct you are! I ate two slices, and had absolutely no room left for dessert. The Missus only ate one slice.

What temp were you cooking at for the 35 minutes?

The thermo on the dome was reading about 425, which means the temp at the grate was about 475, which is close enough to the 500 degree oven temp the recipe called for.

OK, since nobody has mentioned it yet....

GREAT JOB of getting the dang thing outta the pan in one good looking piece!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

EXACTLY! Mine typically split somewhere (still taste great, though).

Very nicely done.

As an Italian I gotta say that ain't no pizza that's definitely a PIE!
Kidding aside it looks great. It's been years since I've had a Chicago style deeeeep dish pizza, and while I typically lean toward more traditional pizza I would eat the hell out if that!
Nicely done man! You've got me wanting to bust out my old Griswold pan and get to makin one.

Back