• Fried Fish on the Grill (pr0n heavy)

I can haz fish delivered? Albertsons is the only place to go fishin` here... sucks! I've never ever cooked a fish like that, but I'll be damned if I don't try it soon. Great share.

If i'm not mistaken, this dish is also known as "escoveitch" or "escoveech fish" in Jamaica.

You are correct sir... Exactly what it is. Only difference is that with the true escoveitched fish the fish is fried and then left to sit in the escoveitch (vinegar sauce) longer to absorb WAY more flavor than just adding it as a topping. It's also usually eaten at room temperature (due to the sitting and soaking) along with festival or bammy. :thumb: I didn't have the patience for that... I was HUNGRYYY!!! :heh:

You are correct sir... Exactly what it is. Only difference is that with the true escoveitched fish the fish is fried and then left to sit in the escoveitch (vinegar sauce) longer to absorb WAY more flavor than just adding it as a topping. It's also usually eaten at room temperature (due to the sitting and soaking) along with festival or bammy. :thumb: I didn't have the patience for that... I was HUNGRYYY!!! :heh:

I like your version because everything looks so fresh! :thumb:

Never even had the opportunity to eat a bone-in fish, wouldn't mind trying it. What is the process for tearing into it? I assume your eating the skin and all, just avioding the bones? Were they cleaned first to remove teh guts and what not?

Not to highjack the thread at all, but...

Tuna is one of my least favorite fish for sashimi. At least tuna loin that is (except for albacore or escolar...aka "white tuna").

The fattier fishes, such as your yellowtail, are much better to me.

EDIT: Crap! You were probably talking about yellowtail snapper like in the OP. My bad. I was talking about Pacific yellowtail.

You are correct, talking about snapper. Honestly I am not picky, there is not much raw fish I would not eat. Grouper works, hogfish is extra firm, big ol mangrove snapper tastes alright too.

Back