Need help choosing a good meat injector!

Big Stogie

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I have tried a couple different injectors. I had a plastic Bayou Classic injector and I ruined it when I was screwing the metal needle into the plastic housing. I also have a Charcoal Companion, but I have difficulty drawing the liquid into the chamber.

Any reccommendations on a decent meat injector?

I looked at that one but I am a little hesitant. The point of the needle does nto look sharp, in fact, it looks to be rounded. Not sure if that makes a difference when trying to pierce a brisket or turkey?

They usually come with 2 needles. A traditionally shaped "sharp" needle with an open tip and a rounded tip with smaller holes along the barrel to disperse finer liquids. You use the rounded needle if your injection is pure liquid and the open tip if you have any particulate (spices and such) in your injection.

BTW I have and recommend this one

Try this one:

magnum_red600.jpg

http://www.spitjack.com/page/SJ/PROD/MEAT-BRINE-INJECTORS/MAGNUM

I use the one that has a squeeze trigger and you can adjust the amounts. Had it about 9 years now. All the others have come and gone, but I like this one a lot. When it comes back up (or if someone has another link) I'll post it

It all comes apart and washes away. I've used it for 9 years.

According how much meat you do, if I was in the catering business I prolly buy a expensive one but just for a a few butts i buy those cheap plastic one for a couple of bucks

Butcher BBQ has some decent injectors that come in a nice plastic case for the needle and the injector. Cheap pricing too. I like them because they have a real tight seal.

Depends on how frequently you plan to use em and how much liquid you plan to inject.

I really only use them to inject turkeys around holiday time, so i went with the small store bought ones.

The plastic ones work, but I really only like to use the ones with a metal on metal screw (i've got a couple that i've had for over 5 years)

I think i paid about $3 for some like this.

MEAT%20INJECTOR.jpg

Knucklehead, tell me about the cord and injector. I have the bottle from No Cents, but the assembly end is rusting out and really needs a better design. Did you buy that or make that?

Butcher BBQ has some decent injectors that come in a nice plastic case for the needle and the injector. Cheap pricing too. I like them because they have a real tight seal.

That's what I use too, cheap, easy to handle, good thin sharp points.

needle_100.jpg

...and they're only $2.70 each when you buy a 3pack! You can buy them direct from Butcher BBQ here
http://www.butcherbbq.com/?pg=order :thumb:

I like the Cajun Injector, but also had the barrel crack at the threaded insert.

Also use the ones from Butcher, but if you are doing a lot of chicken it gets old and tired real fast.

They are veterinary syringes and I picked up a bunch gratis from an Equine vet.

Back