Smoked Sausage, Saurkraut and Apples in Progress

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Well, I wanted to enter the apple TD so I decided on one of my favorite comfort food recipes. Smoked sausage (Double smoked with hickory), Sauerkraut and Apples! We have some Hillshire Kielbasa that I smoked in the GOSM, then layered with squeezed drained saurkraut, sausage, apples, brown sugar, salt and pepper and some more saurkraut in the dutch oven then into the GOSM to cook uncovered with some citrus wood (Thanks Aquablue22!) to absorbe more smoke and to cook all of the ingridients. Here's the pics so far...

Attachments

• 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 069.JPG
    069.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 136.JPG
    136.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 126.JPG
    126.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 137.JPG
    137.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 138.JPG
    138.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 138
OK, we're in the Dutch oven uncovered in the Gosm rockin' with some citrus wood. More to follow. The apples were followed with sugar, apple cider and another layer of kraut.

OK, I think I have to hate you now. You are driving me absolutely crazy with all this! We're planning skirt steak fajitas for dinner, but now all I can think about is sausage, sauerkraut and apples.:tsk:

I have to admit...a taste of the double smoked Keilbasa was most excellent.

Wow, looks great! The Germanic blood in me is making me want to stand up and salute this. :thumb:

Absolutely maaaaaarvelous. Have done lots of pork & sauerkraut. This is a twist that will definitely be executed.

I just love kielbasa! That's a great combination of flavors ya done up there. Niceness:thumb:

Forgot to mention, this is the Dutch oven's inagural cook!:becky:

Gimme sum G.!!!

Allthough I'm not Phamiliair with smoked Kielbasa Phrom a package,it looks like our rookworst (smoked sausage) but that's not really smoked but covered with liquid smoke.

Daaaaang Guerry! That is awesome! Really got me thinking about the combination there!! And just in time too... I've got my first crock of homemade kraut at the 3 week stage right now... this'll be on the menu for sure!

Forgot to mention, this is the Dutch oven's inagural cook!:becky:

WHAT??!! You've had that thing for how many months and you're just NOW getting around to making something in it???? :hand:

Back