The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Cattle Call !!!

Notices

Cattle Call !!! Introducing... The Brethren.. Put your Bios here, a mug shot, a picture of your toys..Tell us who u are. Threads will lock down after 7-10 days to avoid post pumps on old introductions. Please avoid responding after thread is over a week old. DO NOT PITCH ANY PRODUCTS IN THIS FORUM, OR TRY TO VEIL A PITCH AS AN INTRODUCTION. IF YOUR SELLING IT, DON'T MENTION IT.

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 08:16 PM   #1
dietmar239
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Hello from Silly Bubba

Hello all! My user name is dietmar239. Many have asked what that means. It actually has nothing to do with the word "diet". I studied German in High School and the name stuck so there you have it. However, my close friends call me Silly Bubba. I am 29 and was born in northern Illinois. I also lived in NY for eight years, St. Louis for two and now Columbia, MD. I've been married to a lovely Oklahoman for the past four years who likes her bbq spicy (Texas style). I have a daughter who is now 5 months old and I believe she will have to go through the BBQ 12-step program as well.

For the longest time, I thought that real bbq was directly over a fire and I've had good Que that way in times past. However, about fiveyears ago I stumbled on the indirect method for Que and have been hooked ever since. I've had the $30 cheapy from Walmart for a while, but got frustrated with the lack of heat control and so I gave it to my parents :) Currently, I'm looking into buying a Brinkmann Smoke King, but it looks back ordered for now so we'll see how it goes. In the meantime, I have put together a string of good cooking sessions on a regular pit with a drip pan. My goal has been to improve every single time I cook my ribs and my wife says I have. Slap yo momma bbq is my goal, so in about 5 years I should have AK-47 your momma (just kidding, I luv my mama). Anyway, I'm die hard bbq ribs and that's pretty much me.

Silly Bubba Luvs that Q!
:D
Old 04-28-2004, 08:52 PM   #2
hornbri
On the road to being a farker

Welcometo the board.Lotsof good info to be found here. I have learned a ton in a short time.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:59 PM   #3
bbqneo
Knows what a fatty is.

Welcome from a fellow new member. I found my Brinkmann Smoke King at my local Menards for about $200. Good luck.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:29 PM   #4
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

roger two-three-niner, have you cleared for ribs that will make you throw rocks at anything you've made before. Welcome Brother and get yourself hooked up with that lefty. A trip to the butcher and everything else you need is right here. We got mods, techniques and recipes. You may even catch a bit of jockularity here and there. Glad to have you with us.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:54 AM   #5
Bill-Chicago
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Western Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.

Welcumen Mein Freund

Its been 22 years since high school German for me. I only remember stuff like "where's the terlet" and "my pencil is large"

Good to have you here Sil.

Hope you enjoy the site.

The death of "willkat98"

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M
Old 04-29-2004, 07:59 AM   #6
jt
Babbling Farker

Glad to have you Bubba! Lotsa good info, beer & friends here!

Spicewine, 2 Dutch Ovens, Weber OTP, 18 " Weber Kettle, White Mountain Ice Cream Freezer, Whirly Pop, Cast Iron Hot Dog cooker, and a 15 year old. Moink.

RIP - my NB Bandera

"Sweet Blue to all" - E

Old 04-29-2004, 09:13 AM   #7
chad

Howdy.

Cook low, slow, and often! :D

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
Old 04-29-2004, 10:08 AM   #8
Solidkick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcquer
roger two-three-niner, have you cleared for ribs that will make you throw rocks at anything you've made before. Welcome Brother and get yourself hooked up with that lefty. A trip to the butcher and everything else you need is right here. We got mods, techniques and recipes. You may even catch a bit of jockularity here and there. Glad to have you with us.
EXACTLY ON TARGET!! Except I use a righty.....

Glad you joined us!

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Old 04-29-2004, 12:12 PM   #9
Bigdog

Welcome SB. That Smoke King has a nice looking rib rack (nice rack!). The one in the Bandera is damned near useless.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:11 PM   #10
BigAl
is Blowin Smoke!

Welcome!

You can whip our Cream but you can't beat our SPAM.:clap:
[URL="http://www.AllenWilmer.com"]
[/URL]
Old 04-29-2004, 09:04 PM   #11
dietmar239
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! At this point, I'll take a lefty or a righty. Everywhere I call out here in MD tells me the lefties are on back order and I can't find the righties for less than $500. I must be looking in the wrong places. I have contemplated the WSM because of heat control, but I like the space in the lefties/righties and I assume they have pretty decent heat control as well. Any info for a starvin barbecuer?
Old 04-29-2004, 09:45 PM   #12
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

dietmar, as a student of the site the quick answer to the wsm or dera question is... if you like to tinker (do mods) and tend a fire once or twice an hour for up to 16 hours, dera is your cooker. If you want a set it and forget it rig, go wsm. Just what I've gleaned readin' a lot of old stuff.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:58 PM   #13
Cuelio
is one Smokin' Farker

Dietmar, baby, welcome.

Isn't there some verb conjugation in german that's pronounced 'will fart'?

Some of us have horizontal smokers. There's quite a variety here, so whatever you get, you'll have someone to talk to here.

Auf Wiedersehen, mein Silly Bubba.
Outers electric cold smoker
Lump in the soles of my shoes

My avatar is M-57 the "Smoke Ring nebula", in memory of "e".
Old 04-30-2004, 12:30 AM   #14
Solidkick

Man, if you lived in Columbia MO instead of Columbia MD, I know where there's four Charbroil Banderas looking for a home. Local HD just got them in. Think maybe your HD could call here and have one transferred?

Home Depot
3215 Clark Lane
Columbia, MO 65202
(573)814-1900

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Old 04-30-2004, 08:30 AM   #15
parrothead

Welcome aboard bubba diet.

American Picker Blog
Closed Thread