Christmas Eve Turkey

chambersuac

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Finally got around to posting pron from our Christmas turkey - and can only find one picture. Guess someone at the others :confused:

Brined 24 hours in a brine of sea salt, apple juice, brown sugar, and pepper. Rubbed with Simply Marvelous Season-all, Plowboy's Yardbird, and course ground black pepper. Smoked on the BGE at 275-325 with cherry and oak.

It was really good!

Thanks for stopping by.

Attachments

• 074.jpg
    074.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 84
That's it? Looks good, I was kinda expecting more. Does does a better job of posting pron.

Yeah, I have no pictures after it was sliced, as I didn't slice it - I delivered to our neighbor who is home from the army on leave.

I usually get too drunk and either forget to take more pics or I just don't give a fark and would rather eat! :icon_smil

Dan, that's a thing of beauty!! Nice job. :wink:

Only one zoomed in, out of focus pic? WTF? :twisted:

Umm...not zoomed in...taken close up to show the color/seasoning. Out of focus? Not on my computer. Maybe you had a bit too much holiday cheer, my friend. By the way, didn't your mother ever tell you, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"?

Dan, that's a thing of beauty!! Nice job. :wink:

Jeanie, coming from you, that's the highest compliment.

The soldier's family brought us half of the turkey after they ate - that's why I can tell you how good it was. Unfortunately, the condition it came back to us was not worthy of pictures. It wasn't "hacked" - just not picturesque...tonight I made BBQ turkey nachos - no pix, so it didn't happen, but it tasted good :)

Back